Do I Need to Reinstall?

Since the update on Feb 1, nothing has gone right.  Before then, everything seemed fine, but now I'm getting extreme "stutter" (involuntary pauses of about 10 seconds, actually).  Plus at least one resident plane (Daher) has no instruments!

Is there anything to do, short of going back to Square One?

1 hour ago, Mac6737 said:

Since the update on Feb 1, nothing has gone right.  Before then, everything seemed fine, but now I'm getting extreme "stutter" (involuntary pauses of about 10 seconds, actually).  Plus at least one resident plane (Daher) has no instruments!

Is there anything to do, short of going back to Square One?

I would check to see if your ingame/insim settings have been changed.  Also, anything in the Community folder?  Have you done a reboot?

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

3 hours ago, davidc2 said:

I would check to see if your ingame/insim settings have been changed.  Also, anything in the Community folder?  Have you done a reboot?

I've been at this since 1993.  Even so, you may be an adept, but I am not.  "ingame/insim settings" is utterly meaningless to me. 

In any case, everything was OK before the update.  And of course I have many things in Community, but I had no problems before the update. And of course I've done a reboot.  Several. 

2 hours ago, Mac6737 said:

"ingame/insim settings" is utterly meaningless to me.

What he's asking is whether you have checked the settings in the sim to make sure nothing has changed. Sometimes an update will change a setting or two.

2 hours ago, Mac6737 said:

And of course I have many things in Community, but I had no problems before the update.

Try removing everything from the Community folder, and then running the sim. Some add-ons need to be updated after a sim update and can cause problems until then. If this fixes the problem, add the add-ons back one at a time, or in small groups if you have lots, until you isolate the one causing problems.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, mikeymike202 said:

community folder?  ok, I guess I'm a noob too since I've only had MSFS 2020 for a month or so and only put 6 hours on it.  Where is the 'community folder' and is it as simple as it sounds, just delete everything in the folder?

To find the Community Folder, there are several ways. One is to follow the following steps:

1. start MSFS
  2. go to "Options" and "General Options"
  3. under "Developers"check "Developer Mode" and switch it on if its not on already
  4. this adds a new menu at the top of the MSFS window
  5. from the new menu select "tools" and then "virtual file system"
  6. select "packages folders" and finally "open community folder"

This opens an explorer window at the correct location.

Then follow mrzippy's and loki's advice.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 32Gb RAM,

NVidia Geforce RTX 2600, 3 Monitors (two 1280 x 1024, one 1920 x 1080),

SSD 1000 GB and SSD 500 GB