Log Run

BillD22

Some shots of a Navy EC-121 assigned to the Pacific Missile Range at Point Magu, California landing at NOLF San Nicolas Island off the coast.  The airplane is on a logistics flight carrying technicians out to the island to man the tracking stations for an upcoming test shot.  

S1.jpg

S2.jpg

S3.jpg

S4.jpg

S5.jpg

S6.jpg

S7.jpg

S8.jpg

When she gets back to Magu, they have the best chocolate milkshakes in California at the flight line gedunk.

• Like 1

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

1 hour ago, PhrogPhlyer said:

When she gets back to Magu, they have the best chocolate milkshakes in California at the flight line gedunk.

+1!  Of course that was IME decades ago.  Is it still there?  I haven't even been in California for about 20 years and much longer than that to Point Magu.  So I certainly can't say.

Great pictures and story line again Bill!!  Thanks for the post!

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

4 hours ago, NMLW said:

That international orange is a livery that I haven't seen before. Seems like a good way to say "Here I am," but I suppose radar would fine them in any case. Great shots of the EC-121 Bill. :classic_cool:😃

Used to be pretty standard paint for training and utility aircraft.  Don't know if it still is.

9 hours ago, Rupert said:

+1!  Of course that was IME decades ago.  Is it still there?  I haven't even been in California for about 20 years and much longer than that to Point Magu.  So I certainly can't say.

Great pictures and story line again Bill!!  Thanks for the post!

Michael

Thanks Michael.  I haven't ever been to Point Magu but I have drunk a lot of "San Magoo" in the P.I.  Does that count? 😀

Bill, Got your "100 missions over the s--t river bridge" patch? Cubi Point and Olongapo, San Magoo's and balut. Damm, I so miss the P.I.

Fighter bar from the Cubi O'club was removed and rebuilt at the Naval Air Museum in P'Cola.

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

16 hours ago, PhrogPhlyer said:

Bill, Got your "100 missions over the s--t river bridge" patch? Cubi Point and Olongapo, San Magoo's and balut. Damm, I so miss the P.I.

Fighter bar from the Cubi O'club was removed and rebuilt at the Naval Air Museum in P'Cola.

No - but an equivalent number of "missions" in Cavite City outsided Sangley Point 👍😃

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2023 at 8:17 PM, BillD22 said:

Used to be pretty standard paint for training and utility aircraft.  Don't know if it still is.

+1.  It makes a downed plane much easier for S&R to find from the air.  Nowadays, unless you're in some kind of newest stealth equipment, you're pretty easy for several kinds of eyes to find when aloft. 

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.