Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous - Party On! Aspen to Vegas

BillD22

After our ski outing in Aspen its time to move on to the next "Playground of the Stars" in our new Vision Jet SF50 G2 - an airplane that puts the "P" in Personal Aircraft. Vegas Baby!

Ready for takeoff from Aspen Runway 33. For extra credit - what's (potentially) wrong with this picture?

A1.jpg

A2.jpg

Chasing our shadow down the runway after liftoff.

A3.jpg

Climbing up to our cruise altitude of FL310

A4.jpg

A41.jpg

All that skiing has tired us out so we have our paid flight crew come over from LAX to do this 2+ hour segment while we relax in the cabin's Executive seating arrangement and watch NetFlix on the fold down screen monitor. :cool:

A5.jpg

On final and roll out on KLAS Runway 26R.

A6.jpg

A7.jpg

On the ramp. Our crew goes thru the shutdown checklist.

A8.jpg

A9.jpg

Time to offload our bags to the limo and head for our penthouse suite at the Venetian. Welcome to Vegas!

A10.jpg

A11.jpg

Edited by BillD22

Good trip Bill!

"For extra credit - what's (potentially) wrong with this picture?"

Taking off with the wind.

Bingo! Good eye Blair. Apparently, this is not an unusual situation in Aspen, however, because the reciprocal runway 15 involves a very steep climb gradient to clear high terrain right after takeoff so it's kind of a crew tradeoff decision depending on the wind speed.

Another interesting and nicely captured fight in your Vision Bill. :cool: :cool: Blair jumped right on this one and saved me some time. It must be nice to be a member of the rich and famous. Robin Leach hasn't contacted me yet - wonder why? :(

Larry

Great series Bill!

I've also read a couple of RW rave reviews of that model. The automatic Get Me Home function is certainly an update many single pilot aircraft buyers, and especially their spouses, will soon start demanding on high end models!

And yes, especially in the high country, there are often examples of suspending what we all consider the norms because of runway or topography configuration.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.