A week and a half ago my MSFS began asking for the program disk. After trying every fix I could find I decided to give up on that endeavor and redownload the entire program from the Microsoft Store. I uninstalled the program and removed all vestiges of it and am now trying to start the download. It seems that the initial 1.1m download of the program is working but the download of the Digital Ownership never starts--it just sits at 0bps and never downloads. After about a minute everything changes to error and stops trying. I've gone through every step that Microsoft sent me and it hasn't changed a thing! I haven't seen this particular problem addressed before, but if anyone has had this happen and somehow gotten the process to work I could sure use advice on how you did it!!

Thanks in advance for any help!

What steps did Microsoft send you? If their suggestions didn't work it's not likely that any of ours will either!

Having said that; my suggestion would be to log out of your Microsoft and Xbox accounts, reboot your PC, then log back in to both and start the MSFS download again.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Just a quick message: YOU don't own the product. Asobo does. The license is for USE, not digital ownership.

Just a quick reply: "Digital Ownership" is an Xbox registration file or document which verifies that a game has been purchased in full, and is not a game which is streamed from the Xbox servers via an Xbox Game Pass subscription.

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Thanks, Tim. I've already done that numerous times, including uninstalling/reinstalling both. No luck. Guess I'll keep playing with it a bit longer and, if all else fails, just give up.

Make sure that you have the latest Xbox App for Windows and the Xbox Game Bar for Windows installed from Microsoft Store, then try again. You could then try installing Digital Ownership from here: https://www.xbox.com/en-gb/games/store/digital-ownership/9nhnch1hdgg5?rtc=1

Click on Choose Edition and select 4. Digital Ownership.

Thanks again, Tim. My Xbox app and Xbox Game Bar were both reloaded in the past couple days. The link you gave me does not show that I already own the game but, instead, wants to charge me again, although in pounds it appear rather than dollars.

It seems that your ownership credentials have become corrupted somehow, but there is a fix if you're willing to try it. This involves deleting your existing credentials and letting Windows re-create them on restart. Here's how:

In the Search window on the taskbar, type credential manager.

The Credential Manager will open, with Web Credentials highlighted. Select Windows Credentials instead.

In the list which drops down, for each entry beginning with "XblGrts", click the down arrow in a circle on the far right and then click "Remove".

When you've removed all the XblGrts entries, reboot your PC and then try installing MSFS again.

Thanks again, Tim. I appreciate all your efforts here. I tried this process and reset my store as well and still the same problem. I agree that it appears that the credentials have been corrupted and it's appearing that the only wat to get them back is repurchase which I'm loath to do. Guess I'll just hang it up for awhile and maybe by some miracle the problem will go away. Just don't know what else to try presently.

Have you changed your email address or phone number, home address etc. since you first bought MSFS? You'll need to update your Microsoft account with your new details before you can re-install MSFS.

I can only recommend working through all three of the "Microsoft Store - Download & Installation issues - Checklist" links below, hopefully one or more of the fixes there will cure this for you:

Part 1: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015760660

Part 2: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4405345181202

Part 3: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4405340433042

After trying all the ideas here and from Microsoft's zen desk and playing around for 3 weeks, I finally got fed up with this and a couple other issues on my pc. So, I did a repair of Windows which is basically a reinstall but saves your files. I still don't know what the issue was, but MSFS is now downloading!! I may get to use it again after all!

Great news, I hope you're up and running again soon.