Registration issues with MSFS.com

The site address listed in the title is incorrect and I meant to correct it to reflect the actual site address for this issues.

When I installed fs2020 late last year there seem to be no issues, all things worked pretty normal. My user Avatar shows up in the top right corner of the screen. However if I choose to go to the forum page at https://forums.flightsimulator.com/ and attempt to log in or even sign in I get the following message,

"The software powering this discussion forum encountered an unexpected problem. We apologize for the inconvenience. Detailed information about the error was logged, and an automatic notification generated. We'll take a look at it. No further action is necessary. However, if the error condition persists, you can provide additional detail, including steps to reproduce the error, by posting a discussion topic in the site's feedback category."

It seems that the authentication page for the site it not working and for a site that is obviously visited by thousands daily, this seems very odd. It's continued for days and I have use a different browser (Bing) instead of Firefox, my default browser that generates the same error. Since I cannot post or make any request I am unable to get any support for that site. Anyone heard of this or had the same issue at that site?

I use this forum as well and like it very much but would like to resolve the registration issue at the host Microsoft Flight Simulator program site. Much thanks in advance.

Edited by jkb24212
corrections

Processor 11th Gen Intel® Core i7-11700F @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHz

Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)

Nvidia Geforce GTX 2060

If you have MS 365 or other MS software, call MS and see if they have a remedy?
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

If you have MS 365 or other MS software, call MS and see if they have a remedy?

Thanks for the info but as you know MSFS2020 is made by a third party not MS and I think there is little MS will offer, given the fact that this their flagship site is dead. Completely amazing to me.

Nvidia Geforce GTX 2060

I just brought up the website without any troubles, so the site isn't dead. While MSFS itself is developed by Asobo, I believe the website itself is run by Microsoft and uses Microsoft's authentication servers.

Have you tried clearing out your browser cache? Maybe try going to xbox.com and log in there as well, then go back to forums.flightsimulator.com as well.

No I have not but may consider that. Did you go to the link I posted which is the link I have to the site which indeed works however clicking on register or sign in gives the error as posted. Could you please confirm if you tried the address I gave to see if you have the same issue since I don't know what address you used. Again, I get to the page but clicking on sign in returns the error. If you could confirm as requested, much thanks.

Nvidia Geforce GTX 2060

No I have not but may consider that. Did you go to the link I posted which is the link I have to the site which indeed works however clicking on register or sign in gives the error as posted. Could you please confirm if you tried the address I gave to see if you have the same issue since I don't know what address you used. Again, I get to the page but clicking on sign in returns the error. If you could confirm as requested, much thanks.

Yes, I went to the link you provided as that is the link to the official site. Just tried again on my phone and logged in without any trouble. If you’re having trouble logging into a website, clearing your browser cache and any cookies related to the site should be one of the first things to try.

I want to know is if they close accounts that aren't used in a while. I had to re-register over there after being in active for a while. Anyone else get this?

I don't think so (could be wrong), if you used the same email, they would probably let you know that the email you used is associated with XYZ account. I think that happened to me with the store, just had to reset the password

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

I don't think so (could be wrong), if you used the same email, they would probably let you know that the email you used is associated with XYZ account. I think that happened to me with the store, just had to reset the password

I did try that with resetting my email and they just kept saying they didn't have it, so I had to reregister. :(

• 1 year later...

I am unable to even register since I keep getting the stupid Oops page that tells you nothing. may as well be a 404! That site is pathetic from my experience, certainly compared to this well working forum.

Nvidia Geforce GTX 2060

On 4/22/2022 at 1:33 PM, loki said:

Yes, I went to the link you provided as that is the link to the official site. Just tried again on my phone and logged in without any trouble. If you’re having trouble logging into a website, clearing your browser cache and any cookies related to the site should be one of the first things to try.

Just thought about something about the issue. Is it possible that the forum site does not accept or is any some way incompatible with Firefox browser?  I have never attempted to use the MS "bing" thing browser? Maybe?

Nvidia Geforce GTX 2060

• Founder
38 minutes ago, jkb24212 said:

Just thought about something about the issue. Is it possible that the forum site does not accept or is any some way incompatible with Firefox browser?  I have never attempted to use the MS "bing" thing browser? Maybe?

Firefox is my usual browser. I had not been to the Microsoft forums recently but had no problem using them in the past. I just tried again, running Firefox and though their login system is kind of mess I do seem to be able to fully use the forums with Firefox.

I use the MS "bing" thing browser exclusively and now that I've switched most of the annoying notifications off it's actually pretty good.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

A point I forgot to mention about Microsoft Edge - you can collect Microsoft Reward points, with which you can then buy Microsoft or Xbox Gift Cards to spend in the MSFS Marketplace.

So far I've bought the entire South Oak Birds collection for Europe; four or five livery packs for various aircraft; a global road traffic pack; a global airport vehicle pack; a global airport texture pack and I'm thinking about buying a global jetway pack next. It's literally money for nothing - just for using the browser and doing a couple of interesting quizzes while MSFS is launching!

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

7 hours ago, tiger1962 said:

It's literally money for nothing - ...

Well, not everyone would agree with Edge browser not having penalties and a dark side ... especially after Microsoft's bullying tactics to get it accepted, like forcing hyperlinks to only open in Edge, grabbing pdf extensions, etc. The freebies you mention are nice, but ... Personally, I'm starting to use Chromium more and more, the de-Googled open source browser on which Chrome and Edge are based. No automatic updates, but not loaded with junk that I don't want in my browser. And I think that's a benefit.

From How To Geek: It's Time to Stop Using Microsoft Edge

Meh. The conspiracy-theory, tin-foil hat wearing crackpots have got into the media now. So what. I'm old, gimme FREE STUFF.