Sharing FS9 Stearman Model 4 Speedmail?

leuen

Is anyone willing to share his Golden Age Stearman Model 4 Speedmail?

I know that few years ago, such a provocative question would have been impossible. Since Golden Age no longer offers this model, all concerns about copyrights and so on are now absolutely obsolete. Such considerations were justified fifteen years ago, but no longer today.

Thanks for any advice.

Bernard

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

You're right, I hadn't noticed the missing Add To Cart button.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

You certainly are welcome to think as you like, but actual, real, legal copyrights don't expire just because something is no longer on the market. They are valid for many, many years, depending on the jurisdiction.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

• 1 month later...

Usually I don't give up very easily. This is also the case with the Stearman 4 Speedmail from Golden Age Simulation, which was the reason of this thread.

I only recently discovered that the whole package can be downloaded from the FS2004 file library. Only the air file is missing. Therefore I replaced this with the default Boeing737-400.air file. And it works.

52115018370_5dc628232f_b.jpg

Just in case someone else is still desperately looking for this aircraft.

Bernard

A Boeing 737-400 air file being used in combination with your Stearman-4 ?? Sounds great, especially when your very sluggish Stearman is now a "little" over-powered ?? How does it handle at 34000 feet ?? LOL.

Pleae supply the exact file name of the Stearman-4, which you've evidently downloaded and are now happy with, the one with the missing air file ? I would like to try my own B737-400 air file on it.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Hans

It's not advisable to assign any type of flyable aircraft as AI because of the multiple and complex external textures involved. These will cause stuttering whenever they (unexpectedly) come into view and especially when there are more of them (flying) around. Also don't forget that such flyable "AI" aircraft are always burdend down by cockpits/panels, possible virtual cockpits, programmed instruments, custom sounds, far more complex model and air files, etc.

AI aircraft have none of the above but have purpose made far simpler mipped external textures only and are not really suitable for close-up viewing. However, a quick search on my part did not turn up any AI Stearmans ..... yet.

Good luck.

Hans

It's not advisable to assign any type of flyable aircraft as AI because of the multiple and complex external textures involved. These will cause stuttering whenever they (unexpectedly) come into view and especially when there are more of them (flying) around. Also don't forget that such flyable "AI" aircraft are always burdend down by cockpits/panels, possible virtual cockpits, programmed instruments, custom sounds, far more complex model and air files, etc.

AI aircraft have none of the above but have purpose made far simpler mipped external textures only and are not really suitable for close-up viewing. However, a quick search on my part did not turn up any AI Stearmans ..... yet.

Good luck.

Hans

Tom,

I suppose that some machines with very high tehnical specs will be somewhat less sensitive but the basic issue remains, epecially when more than a few flyable planes are active as AI. The same stuttering will also occur when, e.g. a complex airport suddenly comes into view but it's related textures, other than those of flyable planes, are structurally be mipped so as to greatly reduce this effect. External AI plane textures are normally mipped as well, for the same reason.

Regards.

Hans