I might have screwed myself out of ever playing MSFS 2020

This is a confession from a dumb old man. In February I purchased MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition from Best Buy and had a senior moment and wound up deleting it from my PC. After many email contacts with Best Buy and Geek Squad I found that I was not going to get a second try at a download and was informed that the 25 digits download code only works once. After thinking about this for a couple days I tried again but with GameStop this time. Even though I had a new and different code the download was disallowed because I had already downloaded the sim. Is there any way out of this for me? Not asking anybody to refund the couple hundred this has cost me, just want to run the Sim.

Downloaded the sim from the Best Buy site and didn't see it on my system. All I found were the MSFS2000 stuff from FX Plane and deleted them to clear the way for MSFS 2020 but must have deleted the MSFS 2020 copy as well.

Look around on the Best Buy site - there MUST be a link somewhere to redownload your software again. I can't believe its just a one time only thing. Maybe under a menu like digital downloads or something like that.

I took a quick look at the Best Buy site, and it looks like you basically get a code to redeem through the Microsoft Store/Xbox app. So for future installs, it one should just need to go to the Microsoft Store on their PC.

Well, I guess I've exhausted all my options and am locked out of MSFS unless a miracle should happen. it turned out that as a last resort I had Geek Squad take over my computer to reform the actual download that I was certain I had found in the Trash Bin. After over two and a half hours with I think 3 different TI people I am told there should have been an execute code that doesn't seem to be there. What I have in the trash bin is directions on where the files are to be placed. Where would the execute file be?

As loki pointed out, you ought to be able to download the program from MS Store. That should not be limited to one download.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Microsoft Store is already in the Start menu on your PC.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

In the lower left side of your desktop, there is a search line that says type here to search. Just type in Microsoft Store.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

or press the Windows key on your keyboard & start typing Store. It will probably appear as soon as you’ve typed sto…

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

• 2 weeks later...

When your in the store… click on Library (bottom left of screen)

You should see MSFS in the list of apps.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Alright, it is downloaded, and I can't thank you enough.

Glad it’s sorted!

Happy flying :)

Regards

Steve