Tds ab350-900

beroun

The new paints available for download made me to obtain TDS AB350-900.

The panel has VC and model should include GSE animations. Neither seem to work. VC does not open, and animations, except door openings, do nothing?

The read me talks a lot about warnings and violations but no detail instructions. Bit disappointing since the aircraft looks and flies nice.

Or perhaps I am missing something! Any views appreciated.

Thanks,

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

You kinda got my hopes up there for a second :)
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

THANKS Charlie! I checked TDS but didn't find this one.

Will give it a spin (metaphorically of course) ;)

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

THANKS Charlie! I checked TDS but didn't find this one.

Will give it a spin (metaphorically of course) ;)

Too many issues!

Interior view - Glass is green checkerboard, HUD pulldown glass is pink checkerboard. A Boeing cockpit (with yoke) in an Airbus. Should have just used the a320 cockpit with a proper sidestick. Several airlines I never heard of. Too bad, exterior model looks great.

Thanks gents,

should have mentioned in my initial post - this is the aircraft I was talking about:

tds_a350-900_release_baseset_211227

And yes as Dogdish mentioned, it has B777 cockpit with the instruction that the animation/lights control gauges are written in the vcockpit section of the panel.cfg.

Well there is a vcockpit section in the panel.cfg but the VC does not show when flying. Model issue maybe?

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

When you posted this in the MSFS Forum, it got hijacked as such, sorry :)

Back to FS2004 from here on...

Since FS9 did not include any Airbus that you could alias to, you could just find one and use it with the TDS

the tds airbus does not have a vc. tds uses a vc entry in the panel.cfg solely for their tds gauge that is used to control animations. if you get another panel to use it is important to copy the vc entry into the new panel.cfg along with the gauges if they are not in your gauge folder yet, along with the 2d panel windows entries that are tds related

- bernie

p.s. no need to call me Capt folks, Capt Flappers is just a name my wife teases me with because of my flight sim obsession. :o

Thanks Bernie,

did exactly as you suggested: copied the VC entry into the new panel.cfg (all gauges are in my gauge folder). All 2d panel windows entries that are TDS related were also added - that is TDS utility and TDS de-bug. I can now open all the doors but still no GS equipment around the aircraft.

I wish TDS would include some instructions in "tds_a350-900_release_baseset_211227" download instead of all the warning notices, rules and restrictions. CAMSIM AB350 is straight forward. The GSE opens by simply pressing Shift and F. Perhaps I am missing something?

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

Hi Peter. There is no GS equipment for the TDS AB350. It had something to do with the limitations in FS9 and polygons. (I probably do not have the correct wording but it is something like that) My suggestion is that you join the following groups on Facebook where you will get all of the latest information.

1. TDS A350 Support Group - Full explanation re the GS vehicles.

2. FS 2004 FDE/Panel Design Group (Really good A350 panel and air file)

Hope this helps.

Thanks, thought so.

What threw me off was the notes in the TDS A350 repaints from Stefan Bree mentioning the GSE vehicles see below (but can do without it):

This is a repaint of the TDS (Tenkuu Developers Studio) Airbus A350-900 model, in Luftwaffe / Flugbereitschaft - German Air Force "Theodor Heuss", 10+02. Texture only. The textures are saved in 32bit format for quality graphics. Model developed by Tenkuu Developers Studio, features high resolution textures, dynamic flexing wings, nose gear steering, rudder lock, ground spoilers, low speed aileron locks at high speed, fully animated control surfaces, fully independent suspension, trim animation, opening passenger doors, rolling wheels, animated thrust reverse with reverser block doors, detailed textures, full night lighting, ground service vehicles and more. Model design by Hiroshi Igami. Flight dynamics design by Nate Rosenstrauch. Master textures by Carlos Eduardo Salas and Stian Svensen. PBR texture by Ken Webber. By Stefan Bree.

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

• 2 years later...

Just updated the A350-900 models to match the standards of the A350-1000 and A350F released .
Basic is not much different.

I think the case under , it should be useful.

1.At A350-900--G1 model(BothFS2004and P3DV44) . (The one has HID lights ) there is a Slip sensor on the nose.
   Some Airline removed during the heavy maintenance so made possible to remove by title= Option switch.

2.On P3DV44 model
   1. _L textures are made controlable (By lua script in airplane's "script" folder which is new)
   2. DECAL texture on the belly's PBR texture is added so that DECAL will looks smooth reflects same like a fuselage.
       for this , add Add DECAL_TDS_A359_C.BMP  (included) to the aircraft's texture folder.

Will explain about why no ground service on this plane.

1. On P3DV44 or so , add-on like GSX are so good  and doesn't really needed to do at this plane side.
    So demand got less.

2. On FS2004 , it's coming from the unknown limitation of FS2004 model.
    When making a plane , we creators use a tool (SDK) provided by the game's maker (It's open to everyone)
    And if use as is , on FS2004 , maximum number of polygon is near 50000 even used carefully (Most of the case under 40000)
    But A350 series is much more then that.
    Our A350-1000 is about 136000.
    More then twice of the size of maximum.
    How we do is alike to Over 60000 polygon model for FS2004 tech, Lion heart made.

Explaining simple.
    Show more then 2 models  at once.

On A350 series , got too much and had to show 3 at once.
     Most of the case   Exterior and Interior model is a set so at this case so will be
     Exterior1  + Interior1
     Exterior2 + Interior2
     Exterior3  + Interior3

Did that but caused a error.
     If less polygon can make it thru.
     And clear reason of this error is unknown (It only says Error to export to MDL)

So on this model had to develop a new way to make it thru.
     Remade the whole model like under so that can use 2 and 3 a common parts between exterior and interior.
     Exterior1  + Interior1
     Exterior/Interior2
     Exterior/Interior3

This made the total data size less and made the compile go thru
     But still the exact reason of why this time went thru.
     So decided not to include Ground services on this series.
     It was before the -1000 so must have much larger number of polygons to use.
     Also needs a extra space for the updates.

Really this A350 series was like challenge to the limit of  FS2004 aircraft modeling.

If want to see how I shaved the number of resource on -1000 , there is a lot  to live video on our facebook's page.
     I feel many will feel crazy , just making few vertex define less using hours.
    But all those made that super heavy fit in that tight space.

Please understand about the ground service.

Hiroshi thanks a thousand times for all your work invested in this wonderful model. The result is just stunning and shows what is possible on that ancient FS2004 flightsimulator. But believe it or not, there are still a lot of eager flightsimmers around using FS2004 and for those your A350 is a well appreciated great addition.

Michael

• Like 1

Hiroshi, thank you for your continued support, even for the "older" models.😉
Considering the great model of the A350-900, it is no problem at all to forego the ground service.

Andreas