I cannot for the life of me figure out this whole “adding addons” procedure…

This is long so my apologies.

So….

This past weekend I bought Fly Tampa Vegas scenery. Had a heck of a time getting it to show in game, but finally figured out moving the folders to the community/packages was the answer.

Ok, so, yesterday I bought Aerosoft’s Simple Traffic. Through Aerosoft One (the included library) when I launch MSFS through that, the AI planes are real airlines. Great!

But! I lost the Fly Tampa scenery!!

So, when I launch MSFS through the desktop shortcut, or through Steam, I get Fly Tampa back, but now lose the AI simple traffic!

It’s either one of the other. WTF Chuck!!!

Can anybody help?

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

A little confused by "...moving the folders to the community/packages"

The Community folder is the root folder for add-ons. There is no Community/Packages folder. I have the Microsoft version. Maybe Steam is different?

Also be sure when you say the FlyTampa Las Vegas scenery is active that the AI settings are the Aerosoft recommended settings for Simple Traffic.

EDIT: there is a shortcut in my Community folder for Simple Traffic...

aerosoft-tool-simple-traffic

You should have a similar indication in the Community folder for FlyTampa if you bought directly from them or possibly a folder in the Official folder if you bought it from the Marketplace.

Edited by dogdish
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

A little confused by "...moving the folders to the community/packages"

The Community folder is the root folder for add-ons. There is no Community/Packages folder. I have the Microsoft version. Maybe Steam is different?

Also be sure when you say the FlyTampa Las Vegas scenery is active that the AI settings are the Aerosoft recommended settings for Simple Traffic.

EDIT: there is a shortcut in my Community folder for Simple Traffic...

aerosoft-tool-simple-traffic

You should have a similar indication in the Community folder for FlyTampa if you bought directly from them or possibly a folder in the Official folder if you bought it from the Marketplace.

Must be Steam. The community/packages is where mods go according to several YouTube videos I watched. Originally when I installed the FlyTampa, it didn’t show in game.

Now the same thing is happening with Simple Traffic, unless I launch MSFS through Aerosoft and not the desktop icon.

Weird as heck.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home