Is it worth it to start building P3D now or go for MSFS?

sanji99

Hi there,

in my lack of experience, my question is if it is still woth it to go for P3D or should i wait for MSFS? I always wanted to build a flight sim and I am an airliner guy. So i want to get as close to realisem as possible. And I love the PMDG planes, GSX and all this fancy stuff, but it will not be available for MSFS for some time.

But is it worth to start now with P3D?

thanks a lot in advance

Hi there,

in my lack of experience, my question is if it is still woth it to go for P3D or should i wait for MSFS? I always wanted to build a flight sim and I am an airliner guy. So i want to get as close to realisem as possible. And I love the PMDG planes, GSX and all this fancy stuff, but it will not be available for MSFS for some time.

But is it worth to start now with P3D?

thanks a lot in advance

P3d has a variety of optional updates. MSFS however is NOT optional and you MUST keep it up-to-date via online updates. And the data is ALWAYS out out -of-date too, there is simply too much data to keep on top of.

My advice would be P3d.

Plus the models you're talking about are some way out, and NOBODY can tell you how good they will be, plus everything may have changed by then, as the sim is constantly being adjusted, and not in a good way... At least with P3d you know what you're getting.

But what is your system? That can make some difference.

• 2 weeks later...
If you don't mind updates every little while that break one thing while fixing another, and having no option about when/whether to update, and have a very high performance machine, then MSFS should be OK, but as mallcott says, P3D would be a more reliable, controllable, predictable choice.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

if you can afford it buy both

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz