Fly by Wire Airbus autopilot issues

Several A/P controls allow for swapping between managed and selected modes. This can be done by moving the appropriate switches up or down according to some (oldish) videos. In reality I can’t get this to work despite using both Legacy and Modern modes. I am using the latest FBW update. Another example is the Baro Reference control which says “Pull for Standard” Neither do the latest on screen tool tips give the controls needed to achieve correct operation. I am getting the same result using the default Airbus

Advice please.

According to the Reported Issues page on the Fly By Wire website: https://docs.flybywiresim.com/start/reported-issues/

"Freelook with Mouse

Affected versions: Stable, Development

Using freelook may cause controls to freeze.

Workaround: Try setting TOGGLE COCKPIT FREELOOK to your mouse Middle Button."

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

No luck I'm afraid. I see no way that managed and selected modes can be selected at present. But it's not the just the FBW version but the default Airbus too. I can only assume that the SU5 updated has messed the A/P controls

I can only assume that the SU5 updated has messed the A/P controls

The Release Notes are well worth a look, they're issued with every update/patch and can save you hours or even days of frustration:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/microsoft-flight-simulator-available-today-on-xbox-series-x-s-and-xbox-game-pass/425795

The section you need to read in particular is this one:

Cockpit interactions

Added the new “Lock” interaction system:

Set active by default but can be reverted to “Legacy” in Options / General Options / Accessibility.

Tooltips are now displaying the instrument name, instrument values, and controls (dynamic depending of the device in use)

Using the cursor or the camera center pointer, you can highlight any interactive cockpit instrument.

Once highlighted, you can interact with the instrument:

If the instrument is simple (buttons, 2 positions switches), tapping Xbox Controller A or Mouse left button will interact with it.

If the instrument is complex (knobs, levers…), tapping Xbox Controller A or holding Mouse left button will lock on it.

Once locked on an instrument, you can:

Use primary (Xbox Controller A/ Mouse left button), secondary (Xbox Controller X/ Mouse right button) or tertiary (Xbox Controller Y/ Mouse middle button) interactions.

Increase/ decrease the instrument (Xbox Controller LT/ RT or Mouse wheel)

Use gestures (Xbox Controller left stick or Mouse movements)

Unlock the instrument (Xbox Controller B or release Mouse left button)

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

THanks for all will try. What I can't figure out is why there is no pointer icon available to select the 2 options. I know it exists because a YT video by a real life Airbus pilot demonstrates this at length. All I ever see is a hand to turn the knob. There again I may just be doing it all wrong!