737 Max At Simmarket

Surprised not to see a thread on this here as currently up to around 27 pages at Avsim.

So just wondered what the collective verdict is amongst the minds here? Is it a work of genius at a bargain price or is a mish mash kits of bits and pieces strapped together including utilising elements from Asobo/MS' own payware (787)?

The main reasons I'm holding off purchase are, 1. Need to know if it gets broken by each substantial update (as happens with FBW A320) the developer is willing and able to update it. 2. The whole enterprise is not going to come shuddering to a close with a cease and desist from MS and/or Asobo.

Vern.

There's a repaint category for it over at flightsim.to, with this disclaimer: "This category is for the Third Party Aircraft BREDOK3D BOEING 737-MAX by BREDOK3D. This plane is additional payware, being sold on Third-Party stores. Due to serious concerns about its quality and legality, we won't share a purchase link for this plane." Enough said.

BTW Vern, I tried the Save\Load workaround myself with mixed results.

I saved my flight (.flt file) then renamed all 3 files (.pln, .flt, .flt.fssave) and copied them into the Missions/Custom/CustomFlight folder and overwrote the existing files.

I loaded the .flt file from the CustomFlight folder and everything was exactly as I saved it, except the Alt mode had to be toggled Off and On again while descending, and I'd lost the drop-down menu bar on screen so couldn't reply to ATC etc. So it's not perfect, there again I'm using quite a few mods so maybe that's why.

Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

After reading the thread over at Avsim, I'm think some people are getting a little carried away with the legality side. Microsoft allowed another product from the same developer into the built-in Marketplace without issue. It's not like the developer is taking assets from MSFS, most of which seem come with all versions of the sim anyways, and using them in X-Plane. It isn't a PMDG competitor, but some seem to be having fun with it. As for the issue of updates, I don't think it's been out long enough to find out. May get to see how it goes this week though with the next sim update.

Microsoft don't seem to vet the Marketplace content for quality or anything else at the moment! I think there's some suspicion about the origin of the 737 Max model, but the panel & gauges merge seems legitimate to me - it's freeware standard in that respect, I wouldn't pay for it.

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Microsoft don't seem to vet the Marketplace content for quality or anything else at the moment! I think there's some suspicion about the origin of the 737 Max model, but the panel & gauges merge seems legitimate to me - it's freeware standard in that respect, I wouldn't pay for it.

so how can you judge it then without first trying it?

Thermaltake Ryzen Gen 9 3900x 12 cores, 4.6 ghz 32 gig of Ram, Liquid Cooled Everything.

Because you have to buy it to try it, and I don't want to buy it.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Because you have to buy it to try it, and I don't want to buy it.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Then maybe wait until you do before making bad allegations about a project that someone else released, only fair, right?

Thermaltake Ryzen Gen 9 3900x 12 cores, 4.6 ghz 32 gig of Ram, Liquid Cooled Everything.

Take a look at what everyone else on the net is saying about this plane, like I did before I made my own decision. If anyone else wants to buy this plane, they're welcome, but I'm not going to.