Hide Menu Bar??

Rupert

:confused::mad:

I don't usually feel like a newbie but I have a newbie sounding question. So I put it here.

I just built a new FSX computer complete with a i7 Zeon 4.7 & a 512 SSD mounted on PCIE. Sounds pretty hot right?

I've installed FSX Gold several times with no issues, BUT? When I installed it this time, I find I can't call the Menu Bar Up. I keep seeing options that include "Hide Menu Bar," which is checked. The problem is, this option is shaded out. In other words I can't figure out how to un-check the "Hide Menu Bar" so I can use the Menu Bar!

Please advise.

Rupert

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Check this section of your FSX.cfg Take a close look at what is marked in red. If you see a number higher than 1, it will cause a problem.

[Main]

User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes

SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft

SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles

SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats

SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals

SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc

Maximized=1

Location=164,-18,1196,748,\\.\DISPLAY1

HideInfotext=0

HideMenuNormal=1

HideMenuFullscreen=1

Fiber_Frame_Fraction=0.5

ProcSpeed=3816

PerfBucket=5

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

You've asked this question already, and I answered. It'd be nice if you reply if it worked or not, before copying and pasting the same question. https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?288186-Hide-Menu-Bar-!!
CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

You've asked this question already, and I answered. It'd be nice if you reply if it worked or not, before copying and pasting the same question. https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?288186-Hide-Menu-Bar-!!

MY BAD! I guess I didn't notice your response! It was an incorrect config number.

Thanks to both of you!

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Archived