Should I be using "acceleration" and have "Preview Direct X 10" checked?

MikeDV

Hi all, I has also posted this in another thread on stuttering issues. I wanted to get this part out here under it's own topic

When I installed FSX originally on this PC I started by installing out of the box, (Gold deluxe version) then renamed the installs etc and copied my old FSX folder in from my old WIN-7 PC. I was reading out there in Google land so many mixed statements about the "acceleration" that I do not recall installing it, as seemed most stated not to. I do in fact have SP-2 installed though. My install is on a secondary SSD, H:/FSX

Also, I have the "Preview DX-10" unchecked.

Are either / both of these necessary? Sys specs in my signature. FSX runs great other than the occasional micro freezes.

We went through just about everything regarding the occasional freezes here:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?328681-Random-stuttering-every-few-seconds

Thanks!

Mike

Dell XPS 8930 Core I9-9900 3.10 GHz, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM @2666 Mhz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060, 1 + 2 TB SSD’s and 1 + 2 TB spinner sata’s, Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X, FS9, FSX, MSFS

Hi all, I has also posted this in another thread on stuttering issues. I wanted to get this part out here under it's own topic

When I installed FSX originally on this PC I started by installing out of the box, (Gold deluxe version) then renamed the installs etc and copied my old FSX folder in from my old WIN-7 PC. I was reading out there in Google land so many mixed statements about the "acceleration" that I do not recall installing it, as seemed most stated not to. I do in fact have SP-2 installed though. My install is on a secondary SSD, H:/FSX

Also, I have the "Preview DX-10" unchecked.

Are either / both of these necessary? Sys specs in my signature. FSX runs great other than the occasional micro freezes.

We went through just about everything regarding the occasional freezes here:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?328681-Random-stuttering-every-few-seconds

Thanks!

Mike

If you have a `DX10 Preview` button then you have Accceleration-equivalent already.

Is the sim loaded on SSD or HD? if SSD then try `trimming` it.

If HD then defrag that

Then switch OFF whetever you use for Antivirus.

SP2 and Acceleration are mutually exclusive, so IF you install Acceleration you should first remove SP2. Acceleration is something I never got, so I don't know all the details but I understand there are additional aircraft and features with it.

Checking DX10 is strictly optional, and while it gives you certain "preview" features, there can be some incompatibility, but you can try it and if you don't like you can then uncheck it, so you decide that one.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

If you check the box for DX10 Preview, you will have a difference is some of the visuals but there will be problems noticed like aircraft that won't show or have missing parts. You can purchase Steve's DX10 fixer that will take care of that.

By installing Acceleration, you will gain a few more aircraft (I think) like the F-16 and have aircraft carrier launch and recover capabilities.

Also a few more Missions to fly!

There are a few freeware aircraft that will need Acceleration installed to give functionality to the panels and some actions.

Hope this helps! ;)

And, of course, Larry Beats me to it! :eek:

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Thanks everyone - as usual great help from this forum, will experiment with that DX10.

It appears then that acceleration is in fact in the sim as the fighters are installed. Never paid much attention since I use the big lazy stuff mostly. Took a fighter up this morning after reading your replies and they fly great. Yikes - soooooo F A S T especially compared to a lumbering Antonov!!!

I suppose it may be possible that in theory the acceleration did not "install" from the DVD, but since I did copy my old FSX folder over maybe it came in that way? The old machine had WIN-7 (miss it sometimes).

Happy flying!

Mike

Dell XPS 8930 Core I9-9900 3.10 GHz, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM @2666 Mhz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060, 1 + 2 TB SSD’s and 1 + 2 TB spinner sata’s, Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X, FS9, FSX, MSFS