Crash to desktop

It probably doesn't help, but looked in my event viewer after the CTD and had the following error, do you get something similar stinger2k2?

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5fda32ba

Faulting module name: CoherentGTJS.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5fc6a6c2

Exception code: 0xc0000094

Fault offset: 0x00000000001781ae

Faulting process ID: 0x2ec4

Faulting application start time: 0x01d6e1fd0a185624

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\CoherentGTJS.dll

Report ID: 6b2f8c29-69d5-4365-bdad-5b920d592c0c

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Faulting package-relative application ID: App

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like excellent info to pass on to the zendesk?

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

It probably doesn't help, but looked in my event viewer after the CTD and had the following error, do you get something similar stinger2k2?

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5fda32ba

Faulting module name: CoherentGTJS.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5fc6a6c2

Exception code: 0xc0000094

Fault offset: 0x00000000001781ae

Faulting process ID: 0x2ec4

Faulting application start time: 0x01d6e1fd0a185624

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\CoherentGTJS.dll

Report ID: 6b2f8c29-69d5-4365-bdad-5b920d592c0c

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Faulting package-relative application ID: App

I see a lot of AppModel-runtime errors. I can see on the MS forums that a lot of people have been having this error when playing intensive graphics games.

Still researching.....

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ok, I am going to tentatively say that I have cured my CTDs.

I did this by going the the MS store (left click on the windows icon and you should see it on the list of apps ) . Click the 3 dots at the top right then select "Downloads and updates".

When i did this it showed that I had updates to C++ waiting. So i did the updates.

After this I logged out of the MS store then logged back in.

I have just flown the flight that failed 5 times on saturday with no issues.

I am trying more flights this afternoon in different areas to check but it looks promising.

I hope this helps others

Stinger

Ok, I am going to tentatively say that I have cured my CTDs.

I did this by going the the MS store (left click on the windows icon and you should see it on the list of apps ) . Click the 3 dots at the top right then select "Downloads and updates".

When i did this it showed that I had updates to C++ waiting. So i did the updates.

After this I logged out of the MS store then logged back in.

I have just flown the flight that failed 5 times on saturday with no issues.

I am trying more flights this afternoon in different areas to check but it looks promising.

I hope this helps others

Stinger

That’s great news & very useful info I’m sure. :)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Sorry. Hope you solve it.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Update....It is still possible that the solution that I outlined above worked. I did a PC reboot to let the changes I did take effect (I hadn't done that first time around) then retried the flight from EGLL to LOWI. This time it went without a hitch.

It may just have been luck of course but I will keep testing over the next day or two to confirm.

I still hope that it may help someone with similar issues as it's very frustrating especially when it is intermittent.

Happy flying

Stinger

I have now done 3 long flights into intensive graphics areas without a hitch, so i am now confident that i have solved my recent ctd issues.

I have raised a new thread for proven solutions.

Happy flying

Stinger

That’s good news, fingers crossed.

I had already done all the updates including Microsoft store (frequently check) so that wasn’t it for me.

Yesterday I spent about an hour to an hour and a half (all the time I had) and flew the same short flight (10 to 15mins) 4 or 5 times, mostly to experiment with different gfx settings.

However, before starting I turned AI traffic off (live traffic was already off) and with all the tinkering I did I didn’t have a CTD.

Having said that, its not all good... I experimented with lots of gfx tweaks (swapping settings between Ultra, High and some Medium plus the sliders)

Interestingly, the changes I made didn’t seem to have much affect on the FPS, where I was flying anyway but maybe not the best test - but what did start to happen was I started to get a lot of pauses - sometime it would pause for 3-6 seconds then start, then sometimes pause almost immediately again. Then it would get better, then worse, some times it was unplayable due to long pauses with brief periods between “unpaused” then it got better again.

It almost seemed that the lower I set the graphics the worse it got (not scientific, I just kept lowering settings and that didn’t solve the problem) and the FPS (in dev mode) didn’t seem to notice the pausing.

It didn’t CTD but was was unplayable at times.

I don’t think this can be internet related as flew the same routes each time and I have a rolling cache setup on a separate SSD drive....

I stopped when I ran out of time so I don’t know if turning off traffic fixed CTD (too early to be sure) and whether this pausing is not a new problem.

I have had the odd “micro pause” in the past but nothing like this!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am sorry my solution was no help to you. I have not had ctd since.

I have seen on other forums that the turning off of traffic helped a few but i thought that it was probably due to less cpu/gpu load on their systems rather than a bug in the traffic system. Again, not scientific but just my thoughts.