The TBM is broken!

This happened after the update of a couple of days ago, not the very latest one. When setting vertical speed in the autopilot of the TBM the little wheel ran away and set an impossible task like climb at 10,000 fpm. This happened randomly during cruise. Then when setting an initial climb, before taking off, it did it again. The wheel just went haywire. I tried the Cirrus and the same thing happened, this time with the altitude selector. It just kept twirling and trying to set a crazy altitude. This was also before takeoff. I tried the TBM again, flying by stick, and after a short while it went strange and dived for the ground. I've spent many hours in the cockpit of the TBM and so I do hope it can be fixed.

This happened after the update of a couple of days ago, not the very latest one. When setting vertical speed in the autopilot of the TBM the little wheel ran away and set an impossible task like climb at 10,000 fpm. This happened randomly during cruise. Then when setting an initial climb, before taking off, it did it again. The wheel just went haywire. I tried the Cirrus and the same thing happened, this time with the altitude selector. It just kept twirling and trying to set a crazy altitude. This was also before takeoff. I tried the TBM again, flying by stick, and after a short while it went strange and dived for the ground. I've spent many hours in the cockpit of the TBM and so I do hope it can be fixed.

Use FLCH...

This sounds like the age-old problem of control acceleration, which used to be fixable with FSUIPC.

I have always adjusted the Vertical Speed and all other control knobs with my mouse wheel instead of clicking repeatedly or clicking and holding the left mouse button.

The mouse wheel method is unaffected by the updates, but I had to disable mouse zoom in the views settings to preserve my own sanity...

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I'm relieved to say I'm back in the air and on my second successful flight in the TBM. I linked a few keys to the alt and VS wheels and so far they have not run away with themselves. It's a shame we need workarounds, though.