Problems with the 172's after UPDATE 1.10.7.0

I just removed 90% of my payload!

The 172 and my 152 will now take off and fly great!

How did you do that?

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow was I excited to see an update to 1.10.8.0 Well the excitement was for nothing. It did not fix the problem. I have followed suggestions from the forum. I just lowered my payload and the V1 speed is still not correct. It needs over 70 knots to take off. For those thinking it has to do with the stick, it does not when I am outside the aircraft the elevator is moving perfectly. They have done something to the flight dynamics but I can not for the life of me figure out why it is only happening with a few people.

I have sent a bug report in but I guess I will need to send another one. Any additional suggestions would be appreciated.

How did you do that?

It’s in the pull down menu.. click on the “weight” icon.

Not sure it’ll make much difference for you though.

I personally don’t have any issues with the 172 but yesterday I increased my payload to 100% and I could still take off at around 55. So.. whatever the problem is with yours, it’s probably not down to weight. Still worth a try I suppose.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Wow was I excited to see an update to 1.10.8.0 Well the excitement was for nothing. It did not fix the problem. I have followed suggestions from the forum. I just lowered my payload and the V1 speed is still not correct. It needs over 70 knots to take off. For those thinking it has to do with the stick, it does not when I am outside the aircraft the elevator is moving perfectly. They have done something to the flight dynamics but I can not for the life of me figure out why it is only happening with a few people.

I have sent a bug report in but I guess I will need to send another one. Any additional suggestions would be appreciated.

Update 1.10.7.0 added extra features to the Sensitivity screen in the Controls settings. When I checked mine (CH Flight Sim Yoke & Pro Pedals) the elevator trim wheel on the yoke itself needed adjusting about a quarter turn UP to get it into the neutral position on the Sensitivity screen.

Note that I'm talking about the trim wheel on the yoke, not the elevator trim rocker switch/button.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

It’s in the pull down menu.. click on the “weight” icon.

Not sure it’ll make much difference for you though.

I personally don’t have any issues with the 172 but yesterday I increased my payload to 100% and I could still take off at around 55. So.. whatever the problem is with yours, it’s probably not down to weight. Still worth a try I suppose.

Regards

Steve

Did not help, had no fuel, no pilots, took off with full flaps, then, again, nose dived into the ground.

Grrrrrr

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

How did you do that?

when you go to the world map and select or tap your plane there should be a drop down under it'

There you can select weights and balances, then payload, then pull the slider to the left to lower the payload.

HOPE THIS WORKS FOR YOU!!!!

I don't think it is weight or flight dynamics. Those shots are after update 1.10.8.0 and it bounds into the sky at 54 mph.

Is your installation stock, no mods from various sources?

What controller are you using? I still think it is a USB controller issue of some sort that is messing with the trim setting.

You are not in developer mode??

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

I don't think it is weight or flight dynamics. Those shots are after update 1.10.8.0 and it bounds into the sky at 54 mph.

Is your installation stock, no mods from various sources? I have a couple of mods, nothing new since the patch

What controller are you using? I still think it is a USB controller issue of some sort that is messing with the trim setting. Logitech controller.

You are not in developer mode?? No, I am not

I can fly other aircraft without any problems, it's JUST the stock 152/172

I also removed the entire 172 directory, could not figure out how to redownload it, so I copied it back. I did rename the aircraft.cfg (only file with today's date on it), hoping it would be recreated once the sim started. Well, the sim would not even start, so I renamed it back (took the old portion out) and the sim started, but still can't take off.

Tried lowering the weight to zero, that did not work either.

Found out it is NOT my USB flight stick. Unplugged it, tried flying with just the keyboard, same behavior.

Well, MSFS has won.

It has been uninstalled. Even that took a while, was not in my add/remove program list. Thus, I could not repair it.

Congrats Microsoft, you have won

For now :D

Going to try a new install :)

To repair it, you click the windows key & start typing “flight” or “Microsoft flight..” so that it appears. Then instead of launching you click app settings. You would then see repair and also reset.

You may find that the problem will have corrected itself once you reinstall.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

To repair it, you click the windows key & start typing “flight” or “Microsoft flight..” so that it appears. Then instead of launching you click app settings. You would then see repair and also reset.

You may find that the problem will have corrected itself once you reinstall.

Regards

Steve

I tried looking for those words, however, when I right clicked it, there was no option to repair, etc.

Oh well, its decompressing now :)

Well, MSFS has won.

It has been uninstalled. Even that took a while, was not in my add/remove program list. Thus, I could not repair it.

Congrats Microsoft, you have won

For now :D

Going to try a new install :)

It is getting a bit frustrating. At this point firing up XP11 or some of the old classics in FSX seems like a good diversion while we wait for Asobo to fix the latest crop of problems and maybe some of the pre existing ones... :)

Vern.

Go to Controls and do a search for Trim under assigned controls in case you have somehow ended up with a double assignment somewhere. You may be adjusting what you think is assigned to trim but if there is an assignment conflict this could be causing your problem.

Apologies if you have already tried this.

Regards

Stinger

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Did not help, had no fuel, no pilots, took off with full flaps, then, again, nose dived into the ground.

Grrrrrr

This may not be your problem, but just in case it helps: you mentioned that you use full flaps during takeoff. However, I believe that the 172 uses no flaps or 10 degrees. Full flaps degrades performance during takeoff.

How do I know this? I was nearly killed once by trying to use full flaps at takeoff with a 172. It was during my 3rd solo flight, while I was doing touch and go's. I landed with full flaps, but forgot to retract as I rolled down the runway. As I increased power and got to rotation spoed, the plane wouldn't lift off! Luckily I was on a long runway and had just enough time to realize my mistake. I was having an off day, emotionally, and shouldn't have been flying....

Never finished my lessons, big regret to this day.

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

To Steve and KiloWatt,

Steve-I've checked the trim, nothing duplicated (was hoping, grrr, lol)

KiloWatt, the only reason I used flaps was a desperate move to get off the ground, and it actually helped, for about 5 seconds before I nose dived into the ground.

I see the AC accelerating, get to around 60 knots, pull back and it only goes to 5 degrees pitch up, and that is it. Tried the keyboard with the USB device unplugged, did not help. It's almost as if there is a rope holding me back.

Tried other planes, they took off without a hitch. Just the stock 152/172 cannot take off.

To Steve and KiloWatt,

Steve-I've checked the trim, nothing duplicated (was hoping, grrr, lol)

KiloWatt, the only reason I used flaps was a desperate move to get off the ground, and it actually helped, for about 5 seconds before I nose dived into the ground.

I see the AC accelerating, get to around 60 knots, pull back and it only goes to 5 degrees pitch up, and that is it. Tried the keyboard with the USB device unplugged, did not help. It's almost as if there is a rope holding me back.

Tried other planes, they took off without a hitch. Just the stock 152/172 cannot take off.

Is it possible to get in close with an external view to see if the trim tabs are in a unexpected position . ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

THINK I FOUND THE PROBLEM THIS TIME

READ IN ANOTHER POST MAKE SURE YOUR MODEL IS SET TO MODERN NOT LEGECY LIKE MINE WAS!!!!!

OPTIONS, GENERAL, FLIGHT MODEL, CHANGE TO MODERN SAVE!

This has been very frustrating to me also!!

this makes them a little more sensitive on the runway, BUT you can take OFF and fly!

THINK I FOUND THE PROBLEM THIS TIME

READ IN ANOTHER POST MAKE SURE YOUR MODEL IS SET TO MODERN NOT LEGECY LIKE MINE WAS!!!!!

OPTIONS, GENERAL, FLIGHT MODEL, CHANGE TO MODERN SAVE!

This has been very frustrating to me also!!

this makes them a little more sensitive on the runway, BUT you can take OFF and fly!

That did it!!!!!

Woot, I am in the air again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!