Navigation issues

I am having a reoccurring issue in fs 2020. The issue is that that the main nav screen (One on the left in front of pilot) gets a white line through it and is inoperative. It will happen sometimes before the flight when you are setting the ILS data, and it has happened mid flight. I have uninstalled and reinstalled with no solution at all. I have also check the driver on my graphics card to ensure it is the latest. I will try to attach a screen shot to show what I mean. Anyone else had this occur? Apologise for the quality of the photo.

thumbnail.jpg

Thanks. I wish I had used a screen shot rather than an external pic. Anyway my settings:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 six core processor, with 16 GB memory, and a Nvida GeForce GTX 1060 graphic card with 3GB memory. Running windows 10 64 bit

Thanks. I wish I had used a screen shot rather than an external pic. Anyway my settings:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 six core processor, with 16 GB memory, and a Nvida GeForce GTX 1060 graphic card with 3GB memory. Running windows 10 64 bit

What are your in-game graphics settings? I suspect that you might be running out of video ram. 3gb is quite low for msfs.

Trying turning your settings way down and see if it still happens.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I am having a reoccurring issue in fs 2020. The issue is that that the main nav screen (One on the left in front of pilot) gets a white line through it and is inoperative. It will happen sometimes before the flight when you are setting the ILS data, and it has happened mid flight.

This is a known issue (PFD screen freeze) and there's a fix for it by the Working Title mod team on Github: https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/releases/tag/g1000-v0.3.1

(Click on the .zip file link to download it)

Full instructions and further info is available here:

https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/tree/main/docs/workingtitle-g1000

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

It happens repeatedly to me. The odd thing is that even with the PFD offline, the plane will still fly the route and lock on to the ILS signal at the approach airport. You just have to rely on the bubble gauges for speed and altitude. I have also noticed two things. 1. Quite often near the end of the flight, the PFD will mysteriously begin working on its own.

2. I cold started and set the ILS info before I started the engines. Went off anyway. Once airborne, I clicked the "Procedures" button again to see if I could reenter. There was a dinging sound and it came back online and worked fine the rest of the flight.?

There are mysterious things happening in this sim.

Today i noticed that with my pfd and mfd screens detached, when i turned my heading bug knob the rate at which the bug moved depended on which screen my mouse was active in. 10 deg when mouse on main screen, 3 degrees when on the mfd screen. Then later it was moving 1 degree at a time when my mouse was active on the pfd screen.

Go figure!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk