East Texas in the Extra FS2020

We take off from Marshall, TX on a brief flight to Center, TX. This is the East Texas forestland or Piney Woods. That is U.S. Highway 96 coming into Center. "landing" (falling) into Center Municipal.

BTW, that last shot, I get the aircraft all lined up for a landing shot, turn it over to AI (AI flies in the Showcase mode), and AI drops it like a brick. Fortunately it survived a few seconds, only to have AI rip a wing off exiting the runway. AI is a little weak in the ground handling department.

Marshall TO.jpg

US HW96 Center.jpg

Center Landing.jpg

Edited by plainsman
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Beautiful shots of Texas and the Extra!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

Great shots! Might want to keep those controls to yourself :D

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks David! The problem is, in FS2020, if you stay in control, the shot is all cluttered with gauges and readouts and the detail is diminished. As it was, I had just turned it over, the menu bar is still there, it fades out quickly so you can grab a shot, but not quick enough in this case. AI is sort of OK (C- grade) on many aircraft, but it flies the Extra really poorly. The Extra handflies really nicely, but AI does all sots of weird things with this aircraft.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU