California San Joaquin Valley in FS2020

I take off from Taft and fly northwest toward Fellows, CA. This portion of the San Joaquin Valley is home to two things you don't normally think about in California, oil and farming. Fellows sits in the middle of a two billion barrel oil field, with other fields stretching along the western rim of the basin. Further out into the valley, rich fertile land is farmed as a result of irrigation water brought in from the Sierra and Coast Range mountains. Without the mountain water, the land is too dry to farm. The population centers are now competing with the farm land for a finite supply of water. You will note, the rocks along the western rim of the valley are intensely folded, the result of a massive plate collision.

San Joaq Sunrise.jpg

Fellows.jpg

CalCentValley.jpg

CentCalSyn.jpg

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Great shots and history of the area :cool:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here is a shot from the other side of the valley, looking at the Sierra Nevada Mountains.

KA Bakersfield.jpg

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Thanks Larry! #4 is certainly the most geologically interesting, folds and faults! That looks like a water treatment plant.

Thanks Larry! #4 is certainly the most geologically interesting, folds and faults! That looks like a water treatment plant.

Yes, now that you mention it, that's probably correct! They aren't attractive either RW or in a sim. But they are truly needed!! Like junkyards.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.