An easy tip on Performance

This tiny corner of the monitor is the most important part of your computer for related performance issues

Clicking with the mouse it shows you which programs are running (thus eating ram, cpu and gpu

I know this for the last 20 years but there are still people who dont know

As you can ser I only have 3 icons

one is the USB drive (meaning is ready to use)

the other is the Nvidia settings control panel

a third one is the Audio HD driver but thats not necessary either so I can close it also

If you have more programs there, specially antivirus, Vpn or any other program, your i7 maybe performing like an i3 or i5 so you waste money in a top cpu but by letting other programs eat resources you have actually a weak cpu that will render less fps

Other programs or windows services also eat resources and can be seen in ctrl-alt-del processes but thats trickier

AE96E0FB-8BF3-4F6D-A476-538D268F9F96.jpeg

Edited by Kapitan

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

You can also do without the nVidia control panel icon - it's removable in the app, and a right-click on the desktop background brings up a window with a link to nVidia Control Panel anyway.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64