Airport Approach Plates

You can view all the available approaches on the main flight planning map.

Create your IFR flight plan (low or high level).

The waypoints will be listed one after another below the departure and arrival selection panels, with a slider beneath them.

Move the slider to the right and click on the arrival airport ICAO code.

The map now slews to the arrival airport and you can hover your cursor over the name and select 'Zoom in to details' - but to view the approaches fully, don't zoom in!

Back up to the Arrival airport panel and see the Approach and Runway windows show 'Automatic'.

Click in those windows to select an approach and runway from the drop-down menus. The approaches are visible on the map and can be re-selected ad-infinitum until you're happy with the result and Save the flightplan.

The same process is used for the departures too.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

You can view all the available approaches on the main flight planning map.

Create your IFR flight plan (low or high level).

The waypoints will be listed one after another below the departure and arrival selection panels, with a slider beneath them.

Move the slider to the right and click on the arrival airport ICAO code.

The map now slews to the arrival airport and you can hover your cursor over the name and select 'Zoom in to details' - but to view the approaches fully, don't zoom in!

Back up to the Arrival airport panel and see the Approach and Runway windows show 'Automatic'.

Click in those windows to select an approach and runway from the drop-down menus. The approaches are visible on the map and can be re-selected ad-infinitum until you're happy with the result and Save the flightplan.

The same process is used for the departures too.

I was trying to follow the steps you outlined but I could not find the "main flight planning map" unless you meant the World Map. I have attached a flight plan. If this is what you mean its fine but just from curiosity where are the sliders beneath the way points. Appreciate your time.

Worldmap.jpg

The world map is the one I meant. Below the aircraft selection panel is the flightplan type drop-down menu. You need to select one of the two IFR options and a flightplan will be automatically created between your departure and arrival airports. Below the waypoints you'll then see the slider if the flightplan is long enough to require it.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

The world map is the one I meant. Below the aircraft selection panel is the flightplan type drop-down menu. You need to select one of the two IFR options and a flightplan will be automatically created between your departure and arrival airports. Below the waypoints you'll then see the slider if the flightplan is long enough to require it.

Are you referring to all planes? since the 748i and 787-10 have drop down menus on Dep/Arr airports where you can select runways/SIDS/STARS.

Yes in the world map you can select SIDs and STARs and include them in your flightplan without having to add them later in the aircraft FMC.