How About We All Try This?

Instead of making complaints about what's broken, what's missing, etc, etc, here, on a forum that has NOTHING to do with the manufacturers or developers, post our complaints and register for http://www.flightsimulator.com, the main page of the flight sim? I'm sure others that are related to the developers WILL see it there, and you won't be irritating everyone else whining and complaining here who can't do a thing about it.
Thermaltake Ryzen Gen 9 3900x 12 cores, 4.6 ghz 32 gig of Ram, Liquid Cooled Everything.

But that would take all the fun out of it. Whining and complaining is a core component of flight simming. Take that away and what's left? Just flying around gets really boring at times.
Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

Besides, it will happen just as it is happenning with AUTOPILOT issues

People going to zendesk complaining it doesnt work when in reality works perfectly

So the forums are just for that. Discuss.

Is it a bug or its your problem?

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

You think the developers aren't reading this forum too? They probably are and having great fun watching us all struggle to learn this great new sim without a manual [emoji23]

And before you say it, yes I know there are 3rd party manuals available !

Mind you, whoever read the manual for their home appliances before ripping them out of the box and trying to get them going first.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

That is the biggest issue thus far, the new sim is the first departure from convention for many. It does not matter that the old conventions were not prototypical, it is just everybody got used to them. Now, the autopilot works differently than convention, so many are struggling. It is a bit difficult to read display info on a 21 inch 1080p monitor, where in FSX you pulled up a large font radio stack. As people get larger higher resolution monitors, it will be easier to read displays. It is a great product now, and imagine when you get a library full of aircraft to choose from.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

You think the developers aren't reading this forum too? They probably are and having great fun watching us all struggle to learn this great new sim without a manual [emoji23]

And before you say it, yes I know there are 3rd party manuals available !

Mind you, whoever read the manual for their home appliances before ripping them out of the box and trying to get them going first.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

I remember the manuals from some of those old Microprose and EA sims (Longbow 2 for example). They were great, could lose yourself for hours studying all the detail. Of course with Microprose you needed the manual for when it occasionally asked the anti-copy question and wanted you to identify a particular aircraft silhouette!

Re the AP, yes it was definitely a mistake in hindsight to drop the old default "Acme" (as I have christened it) system in favour of Garmin and FMC. Sorry to disagree with Kapitan but both systems have issues, particularly when resuming a saved flight. The Garmin often defaults to an earlier leg and can lose control of the aircraft when you try to re-engage. And on the passenger jets, the FMC has lost the flight plan when you load the saved game. The latter in particular makes emulating long haul IFR flights pretty much impossible, unless you are able to sit at the PC for an entire 5 - 12 hour session.

Vern.

Instead of making complaints about what's broken, what's missing, etc, etc, here, on a forum that has NOTHING to do with the manufacturers or developers, post our complaints and register for http://www.flightsimulator.com, the main page of the flight sim? I'm sure others that are related to the developers WILL see it there, and you won't be irritating everyone else whining and complaining here who can't do a thing about it.

New to the internet huh? ;)

I remember the manuals from some of those old Microprose and EA sims (Longbow 2 for example). They were great, could lose yourself for hours studying all the detail. Of course with Microprose you needed the manual for when it occasionally asked the anti-copy question and wanted you to identify a particular aircraft silhouette!

Re the AP, yes it was definitely a mistake in hindsight to drop the old default "Acme" (as I have christened it) system in favour of Garmin and FMC. Sorry to disagree with Kapitan but both systems have issues, particularly when resuming a saved flight. The Garmin often defaults to an earlier leg and can lose control of the aircraft when you try to re-engage. And on the passenger jets, the FMC has lost the flight plan when you load the saved game. The latter in particular makes emulating long haul IFR flights pretty much impossible, unless you are able to sit at the PC for an entire 5 - 12 hour session.

But, real pilots can't forward or save flights. Am I truly one of the real ones left that are able to sit in front of the computer, and enjoy a flight from take off to landing? Here's a tip: in the new sim use AI Control to handle radio and airplane if you must step away. :) Won't miss a beat.

Thermaltake Ryzen Gen 9 3900x 12 cores, 4.6 ghz 32 gig of Ram, Liquid Cooled Everything.

Yes but this sim caters for all manner of virtual pilots. If I sat at the PC for a constant 10 hours flying from Seattle to Heathrow, I = 1. Probably wouldn't have a wife left at the end of it. and 2. Do it too often not much eyesight left either! Even the PC game publishers say (or they used to in the manual) you shouldn't sit too long at the monitor.

Sadly this is exactly the sort of spurious argument which appears to being used both here and at Avsim by a small contingent to shoot down valid concerns and feedback about bugs and missing or incomplete features. Frankly it's getting tiresome. I actually do want to enjoy this new FS20 and much of it is indeed great, but there are certain key areas where the developer must set to work and fill the holes.

You don't fly a real plane looking at a 21" monitor with a plastic joystick and keyboard/mouse either?

Vern.

Yes but this sim caters for all manner of virtual pilots. If I sat at the PC for a constant 10 hours flying from Seattle to Heathrow, I = 1. Probably wouldn't have a wife left at the end of it. and 2. Do it too often not much eyesight left either! Even the PC game publishers say (or they used to in the manual) you shouldn't sit too long at the monitor.

Sadly this is exactly the sort of spurious argument which appears to being used both here and at Avsim by a small contingent to shoot down valid concerns and feedback about bugs and missing or incomplete features. Frankly it's getting tiresome. I actually do want to enjoy this new FS20 and much of it is indeed great, but there are certain key areas where the developer must set to work and fill the holes.

You don't fly a real plane looking at a 21" monitor with a plastic joystick and keyboard/mouse either?

Its a valid point and i understand it better.

My eyes suffer too. My monitor has eye-saver option, whenever im not flying I turn it on.

Being able to save/load to avoid spending many hours is also a child-safety concern

MS will have to solve this fast or the law can come down on them

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

On a more positive note I took my first flight in the TBM 930 last night. Now maybe I was just lucky, but they seem to have hit the sweet spot with this in terms of save/load integrity. When I resumed the flight, plan was still sat in the FMC. The current waypoint was still the active one from earlier and hitting AP/NAV/ALT everything lined up nicely, no swerving dive into the ground.

So it looks like for now the TBM is the goto aircraft for longer (non jet) flights where you want to use the AP, with the Cessna 152 and Icon reserved for the find your house type of expeditions.

Vern.

But, real pilots can't forward or save flights. Am I truly one of the real ones left that are able to sit in front of the computer, and enjoy a flight from take off to landing? Here's a tip: in the new sim use AI Control to handle radio and airplane if you must step away. :) Won't miss a beat.

really !!!!!!!

Real pilots also don’t know what it’s like to come to the end of a long flight and have the sim crash, thereby making a save option necessary...

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Us geezers "fondly" remember back in the 80's when the first office desktops hit the scene and the library of manuals to operate the thing came in a box purt near as big as the computer did - LOL - all written for folks with PHD's.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx