Who has given up on fs2020?

Yes, to avoid conflicts I delete any Axis Z reference either in the mouse and in keyboard. (I will only use my joystick for power so that frees keyboard keys for other personal settings).

In my Joystick profile i just select "Throttle Axis" to my jostick slider X and thats the only input

DO NOT select "Throttle increase" and "Throttle Decrease" that is wrong!

just search for "Throttle Axis" and choose only that one, delete any other

That's the one I have selected however it simply does not work and either does FSUIPC when I do the settings from there.How do you delete the z axis settings will the program let you.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First turn the FILTER to ALL so you can see what is assigned to your joystick in "Power Management"

Check if you have this same settings. Whats the brand of tour joystick?

Sorry, I meant "Slider X" and wrongly typed Z

3B7B7202-8EA6-47A8-B506-12C94785CB80.jpeg

Edited by Kapitan

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

First turn the FILTER to ALL so you can see what is assigned to your joystick in "Power Management"

Check if you have this same settings. Whats the brand of tour joystick?

Sorry, I meant "Slider X" and wrongly typed Z

I have a Throttltek lear 45 !! So your saying delete the x sliders in keyboard and mouse ?? And how do you delete them

I bought it, refunded, then bought it again.

There is no doubt it needs considerable work in some areas and I am kind of taking it on faith these will be addressed. At the moment it's quite pleasant for taking a short GA flight, viewing the scenery, taking in some smaller airports etc. However I'm not spending every available gaming hour on it as I thought I might at first. I think the crunch will come in 6 - 12 months time when we see how committed Asobo/MS really are towards moving it forward (and not just the eye candy, which is superb). Also more key is getting some decent third party aircraft in there, particularly some vintage 80's passenger jets - not necessarily study level but something a cut above the rather wonky A320 and 747 that Asobo gave us.

If they can do that and avoid sending it down the road of Flight, or Dovetail's ditching of FSW, then I would not give up on it. If not, then a year from now when all the GA options that interest me have been exhausted or if the basic issues are still awaiting fixes then, don't know, maybe it will fade away.

Vern.

Not giving up, in fact it’s the best game I’ve played for years. The t16000m and rudder set works fine and as a GA VFR flyer I’ve had no real issues once I learned how to handle the autopilot. Thanks to this I have been rebitten by the flying bug and have bought 3 sturmovik games and dabbled in DCS.

If you’re heavily invested in a matured sim and it does more things better than this does at the moment then stay with it. Just don’t underestimate the impact this one is having on people who either haven’t touched a flight sim before or maybe like me, for a couple of decades. People who didn’t want to spend hundreds of pounds making tiny bits of the world not look like crap in FSX or whatever.

We are not all furloughed pilots looking to keep current. We want to explore the world, do and see stuff we can never hope to do and learn a bit about flying. And in the end it’s going to be the non-professional new to the genre types whose money is going to help keep this thing growing and getting better. It’s good now and if it’s not strangled at birth by people who demand study level perfection out of the box, it will get better and better and bring a new generation of revitalising consumers into the genre.

Meanwhile if it doesn’t meet your needs why not go and play your favourite mature sim and stop trying to dampen the enthusiasm of the rest of us or put potential buyers off by giving wildly misleading information on the state of the game on release.

Sure, this thing isn’t perfect at launch but Newsflash - FSX still wasn’t perfect a decade or so later when it was laid in the ground and every other sim gets new assholes ripped by disgruntled punters every day.

I wonder how many people have given up on Microsoft's latest flight simulator. Like a lot of people, I per-ordered the "Premium Deluxe" version and even built a new system for it. After weeks and weeks of dealing with control issues (not being able to have 2 USB throttle quadrants) and not getting any help from Microsoft about this issue. I should also say that Logitech have proven to be useless in not being able to supply a replacement for the original quadrant that came with the yoke (the one that hooks directly to the yoke via a mini DIN connector).

I have asked about trying to set up 2 USB quadrants on a few different forums and no one seems to have figured it out.

I went back to a single quadrant, set it up in the Control section, and promptly crashed and burned on take off due to uncontrollable full right rudder. Went in adjusted all the sensitivities etc.No joy. Disconnected the rudder pedals and used Auto-Rudder. Finally got the plane into the air but the whole thing was twitchy as hell.

Ive checked the yoke in Control Panel and it responds normally. I even tried a new joystick I borrowed from a friend. Same deal.

I have just sent Microsoft a refund request. Going to go back to FSX and see how X-Plane 12 pans out.

Gotta say I am really disappointed. I've been flying FSX since 2006 and never had the issues that this latest dud gives.

I would be really interested to see what flight controllers were able to be used without having to do any reprogramming.

Count me in. I have quit MSFS and have gone back to FS9 and my addons. Everything just works. I like to fly from city to city in the airliners. Something that does not work properly in MSFS. I paid $1 for the Xbox to PC "trial" just to try the new sim out. I have shelved it and will use FS9 happily until things in MSFS are fixed. The game was released as a beta and it shows.

I agree, there will be a closed sim ready-to-use for xbox, and an open sim constantly growing and being tweaked for PC, and the PC fans will remain steady, growing less than Xbox of course, but the ones that atract a more serious dedication to the flightsim hobby

I disagree. I think that MSFS is going to go the way of MS Flight. I feel the new sim will be dead in a year. Especially if MS and Asobo do not listen to their customers. This game should never have been released in the state that it's in. I hope I am wrong. But I strongly feel it will be dead in a year.

I have had no real issues with FSMS 2020 except FPS but my system is old

I hear that having AMD stuff can cause issues in all flight simulator releases and even in xplane, that is why i stick with intel compatible stuff

That statement is simply not true. I build all my computers as well as for friends and family. I always use AMD. I have a new all AMD system that I just built. No problems in any simulator I use except for all the bugs in MSFS. But those are not due to my computer.

That statement is simply not true. I build all my computers as well as for friends and family. I always use AMD. I have a new all AMD system that I just built. No problems in any simulator I use except for all the bugs in MSFS. But those are not due to my computer.

Yep. My new box is all AMD and runs great.

Count me in. I have quit MSFS and have gone back to FS9 and my addons. Everything just works. I like to fly from city to city in the airliners. Something that does not work properly in MSFS. I paid $1 for the Xbox to PC "trial" just to try the new sim out. I have shelved it and will use FS9 happily until things in MSFS are fixed. The game was released as a beta and it shows.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I disagree. I think that MSFS is going to go the way of MS Flight. I feel the new sim will be dead in a year. Especially if MS and Asobo do not listen to their customers. This game should never have been released in the state that it's in. I hope I am wrong. But I strongly feel it will be dead in a year.

I shall mark your post and come back to you in a year.

I never played MS Flight, was happy with FSX, my smell and intuition told me not worth buying.

With MSFS, I was so sure I bought in July

By the way you show a degraded sense of sim excellency cause you are still stuck on FS9 when the one that surpassed it was FSX, which in turn was improved by P3Dv4, not to mention XP11

Let me tell why you are wrong.

In less than 2 weeks of release the list of freeware addons (mostly landmarks) you can find in allflightsmod is impressing.

Forget about scenery, the future of scenery is to perfection each landmark, building and corner of the city.

Someone eventually will put it all together, but todays quest is to slowly improve each city with first the notable buildings, when thats done users will add whatever part of the city they feel is missing. In a few months cities will have a detail unseen so far. Same with airports.

Airplanes

We know how they have improved the A320 Mod, totally free.

I would say if payware companies dont hurry Zebo versions of different aircraft will start appearing.

Do you know why Zebo appeared in Xplane and was a success?

Because it was a sim with many simmers and NO Boeing 737

That was unforgivable!

No company wanted to develop for Xplane because they were busy with FSX and P3D

What happened?

Users did it, free. And it boosted XPlane even more!

Right now we are seeing a similar situation

Everybody is eagerly hoping for the classic or beloved planes

Nobody can stand anymore these experimental glass cockpits that are not the reality in airports around the world, past and present.

And I say "past" which is as important as present. Cause many take their memories

of life to be recreated in the sim, and they are usually from the past.

So i dont forsee anything like MS Flight because the community and developpers already embraced it. It will be an infinite availabilty of addons, specially freeware. I feel the richness compared only to FS98 when nearly 100% of addons were free

Edited by Kapitan

Kapitan

I agree if you like just flying a 152 or a Icon around town it's just fine other than that it's just not working well at this point.

Gave up on MSFS before it came out. Only have room on my computer for one sim and I needed a new sim because of the OOMs in FSX. Had lots of add-ons and fixes already for FSX, most of which would work with P3DV5 or would work with free updates. Another reason, MSFS scenery is based on Bing maps and I knew there were some limitations in Bing Maps as well as Google maps from using it for work and other hobbies.

John Cottreau

I wonder if some people are just frustrated they can't jump on the new sim bandwagon, due to money, or not having the PC power. I still use FS9 primarily, but recently have tweaked FSX:SE to get some playable FPS and am using it a bit more. Eventually I will have a PC that will run MSFS and also allow me

to fully enjoy FSX and X-Plane, the latter I don't own yet but plan to buy. There is between these 3 sims a ton of things to enjoy. I'm rooting for Asobo to get MSFS up to snuff and look forward to all the positives these sims have to offer.

And really, other than the small cross section of simmers who actually post here, most people are flying whatever sim works for them and having fun. People still use FS2002.

I have the Saitek controls and guages. They are all working. The gauges are working well with the latest SPANext. Since Sim Connect is not supported fully yet, there is a MSFS section and those actions to be assigned seem to work. I like SPADNext because I can assign the controls based on the aircraft. But MS got clever and I start with the default and once I make changes to the default save to a new profile for that device, IE rudder-DA62. I have found that all Saitek Gauges work well with a USB non power hub 2.0, it can go into a 3.0 port but they work solid ever since. The radio, switch, AP work very well in a USB 3.0 powered hub.

The DA 62 I am pretty sure came from Carendo and that plane had issues even in P3D, support never helped so I dumped the aircraft. It works better in MSFS 2020 so maybe they tweaked in. But the AP when engaged does a hard bank and easy to loose control. The G1000 never did work like a real on (Flight1Tech does) The AP does not work when I engage NAV, the others do but then the plane goes nuts.

The B350i is better with AP but the Display turns off at ramdom. Turnning off and on the avoincs fixes it. That is a favorite and Carendo B350i works very well, This one does not act the same so it may be another source.

I am keeping msfs 2020 and wait for fixes, but if I fly PilotEdge, I will stay with P3D until FS2020 is more stable.

I've been using Microsoft Flight Simulator since the latter stages of Alpha, throughout the Beta and was one of the privileged few to be allowed to show the simulator off on the run-up to release.

Let me start by saying that MSFS is not perfect. It has its bugs, it has its quirks, it's not perfect. But then again, what simulator is? Everything has its strong points, everything has a weakness.

Visually, MSFS is lightyears ahead of anything and everything the market has on offer right now. Five years ago we were in awe at how Laminar Research streamed OpenStreetMap data into the simulator to create a world that followed correct roadways and city layouts. We didn't think it could get much better, as anything more was far from reach. Half a decade on, we now have satellite imagery bring streamed directly into the simulator, producing a world that looks just like the real thing.

Default aircraft are also rather good to fly. Not perfect, but when you look back at their previous release of FSX (we don't talk about Flight), systems-wise we have a lot to play around with. Asobo has done a fine job on what towards the latter stages have been a rather restricted timeframe. To get the simulator out and in the state with only one or two teething issues, is phenomenal.

You can refund the sim and return to FSX if you want, but all I will say is one thing. The next time you fly over good 'ol Tylldalen in Tynset, Norway; take a look outside the aircraft and tell me what you can see, presuming your VAS hasn't tipped over the edge and crashed out before you get there. ;')

Check out my YouTube Channel for FSX, X-Plane and other simulator content!

https://www.youtube.com/c/Drawyah/

I've been using Microsoft Flight Simulator since the latter stages of Alpha, throughout the Beta and was one of the privileged few to be allowed to show the simulator off on the run-up to release.

Let me start by saying that MSFS is not perfect. It has its bugs, it has its quirks, it's not perfect. But then again, what simulator is? Everything has its strong points, everything has a weakness.

Visually, MSFS is lightyears ahead of anything and everything the market has on offer right now. Five years ago we were in awe at how Laminar Research streamed OpenStreetMap data into the simulator to create a world that followed correct roadways and city layouts. We didn't think it could get much better, as anything more was far from reach. Half a decade on, we now have satellite imagery bring streamed directly into the simulator, producing a world that looks just like the real thing.

Default aircraft are also rather good to fly. Not perfect, but when you look back at their previous release of FSX (we don't talk about Flight), systems-wise we have a lot to play around with. Asobo has done a fine job on what towards the latter stages have been a rather restricted timeframe. To get the simulator out and in the state with only one or two teething issues, is phenomenal.

You can refund the sim and return to FSX if you want, but all I will say is one thing. The next time you fly over good 'ol Tylldalen in Tynset, Norway; take a look outside the aircraft and tell me what you can see, presuming your VAS hasn't tipped over the edge and crashed out before you get there. ;')

Well said DRAWYAH

You are one of the top youtubers of MSFS, i love your complete flights with full FMC, very useful insights about each plane

Congrats!

Kapitan

Don't give up just yet! I thought about parking this sim also! but decided to go back to settings on the controllers and re-task the controllers to my standards.

The only issues I am still having is the Saitek FIP's and Multi Panels. so I parked them instead, and reconfigured with some old CH products controllers.

as time go's by it all be resolved,

As any major programing and build some issues will be with the first build. They are working on the issues...

I remember when General Dynamics first put out the F-16 Falcon, that bird didn't even fly! I mean it it almost crash on take off! Look what it became, The worlds best Fighter!

This sim is somewhat the same, look at the potential and what it will become!

Now if you want basic controllers to fly around without re-tasking use a X-Box controller! it is pre programmed for this sim...

Respectfully:

David....

Watch this video for setting up controllers...

"Remember, All you have to do is ask."

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/10/25/windows10signaturecopy.jpghttp://www.pixeljoint.com/files/icons/full/helicoptero_animado_2.gif

I love it, have a PP license

For the Airbus I follow the videos from A320 Sim Pilot, a real Airbus Pilot, and he is very impressed with the capabilities, even thou not everything is simulated yet

But leaving that aside, we are different. I have the sim. You dont. I sim since FS4, up to XP11 and P3D

You so far I read, dont have MSFS2020

(for whatever reason but the usual is PC specs)

and you also said you have no intention of buying it

Fine, its up to you. Everyone should be happy

Now, defending a position of a software you dont owe due to tech limitation, and try to

assure everyone its not worth it...

is like the Esopo fables: The fox said the grapes were sour and he never really wanted them

Edited by Kapitan

Kapitan

"320 Sim Pilot" channel is a real Airbus pilot doing tutorials for the A320Neo and explaining the differences with real life, which are few.

and previous aug 18th he was flying an XPlane Airbus, which he says has better simulation of failures, MS still doesnt. But leaving that aside, he has chosen the A320Neo as the best simulation for the real plane

Edited by Kapitan

Kapitan

I think a lot of the issues are related to the devices being used. Folks that have a yolk and rudder pedals and a large screen, find it much easier to use than folks with a joystick, a mouse, and a 21 inch monitor. Without the old pause function of FSX, it is hard to read instruments and make settings on a small screen. Even with joystck calibration, many aircraft are very difficult to control with just a joystick (Bonanza).
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

The new product is a magnificent example of graphic display and innovation. It will only be successful if the average joe with a 21 inch monitor and a joystick can easily use it. Edited by DominicS
Edited by request...
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

My short flight last night in the new Flight Simulator (Carlisle to West Freugh) was pretty much the same as yours'; total enjoyment from beginning to end. It was absolutely stunning flying over my home!

Aren't we lucky to have so many simulators to choose from :-)

Dominic

Same... I have had the most fun with this sim, since FS95... no idea why but I completely enjoy just picking a place, picking a direction and going.

Cooler Master MC500M case, ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI Hero MoBo, 64g G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4 Ram, Intel i9- 9900k @5.1Ghz, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240R, Nvidia RTX 2080TI, 10TB of storage (2 of that on m.2 970evo SSDs) Running in 3840x2160.

Why all the hate, people? Can't we all get along here? Let's just try to be productive and help people in need of answers instead of calling everyone names. All opinions are welcome but please be respectful of all the members. We are all simmers here so let's try to be nice.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.