Iceland – Grimsey Island and River Canyon

DavidN16

Thanks for the comments. I too had no idea what I was going to discover about Iceland either. I just went online to look for points of interest about Iceland and then set out with my sim to find them.

I have sort of become an in depth user of the FSEarth Tiles program. I have discovered a few features not shown on the YouTube videos that make it easy to download massive areas such as Iceland within 2 to 4 hours. Over a couple nights as you sleep. Then I just add in extreme Higher resolution to specific smaller areas.

Most YouTube videos tell you need to use the MASK feature to produce great photo real images, which takes 4 times as long to download and 4 times the HD space, when in fact, it is totally unnecessary.

Using the tile program along with Little Navmap it is easy to set the exact area you want to download. All of Iceland is 13 gig of HD space.

Regards

David

I missed this somehow! Nice flight and comments with it :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]