Graceland Bound

A couple of months ago I download the whole state of Tennessee in photo real scenery using the FSEarth Tile program. This flight to Graceland began in a small Tennessee town called Oneida located in the north east part of the state.

fs11.JPG

fs12.JPG

fs13.JPG

fs14.JPG

Spent some time there in real life. Even did the mansion tour. Great shots!

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I too have visited Graceland several times in August during the 5 year anniversaries of Elvis Week in 1997, 2002, 2007 and 2012. Memphis is packed and hot at this time of the year but you see so many shows and programs and meet a lot of Elvis fans.

I was stationed at NAS Memphis (Millington Tn.) a few months in the 60's. So I drove past Graceland whenever I went to town. Of course back then it wasn't a shrine yet.

My favorite memory of Memphis was in the 90's, if I remember correctly. We went down for the King Tut exhibit in the Pyramid. And were at the Pork-fest on the waterfront the day all the old WWII bombers made low level passes while celebrating the opening of the Memphis Belle exhibit on Mud Island.

Talk about noisy!! Several WWII bombers with bomb bay doors open made low passes over our heads just a few hundred feet off the deck!! :cool:

Michael

Edited by Rupert
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.