Painful...AP can not follow right direction of flight plans

I created the flight plans and check the flight plan has been successful loaded in 172 G1000 system,

But you can see that the direction displayed by the instrument is not the same as the flight plan. which has 180 degree difference.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fsc/images/attach/jpg.gif

also when I take fly, I use HDG to adjust the course to the right direction, and click "NAV" to use GPS nav, but the flight still not following the right direction. the in fact directions has 90 degree difference with the right route.

please help me, I am really confused about this... I will deeply appreciated... thanks!

截屏2020-08-23 下午11.25.17.jpg

Seems to me, this sim isn’t geared toward the simmer who files a flight plan and simulates being a RW pilot.

More for low and slow flying, to admire the scenery.

Kind of like ORBX products.

Maybe it will be in the future, but not right now?

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

its fantastic

no issues

people crying you will see everyday

You go into the FSX forum today and you will still find posts of people struggling how to do things. Forums are for that purpose. People seeking help. Like hospitals.

If you live inside a hospital you would think everybody is sick

Many people healthy out there flying.

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

I can confirm that the G1000 and G3000 autopilot works fine in all the GA aircraft I've flown so far.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Sorry but it doesn't Tim. at least not if you resume a flight. I found it would not pick up and track the GPS course and switching to HDG to track the waypoint sent the plane into the ground.

did you watch the video?

can you confirm the cenario so i replicate here...You loaded the flight plan prioir in the sim and it wont track the waypoint after takeoff hitting the autopilot in gps mode?

Kapitan

its fantastic

no issues

people crying you will see everyday

You go into the FSX forum today and you will still find posts of people struggling how to do things. Forums are for that purpose. People seeking help. Like hospitals.

If you live inside a hospital you would think everybody is sick

Many people healthy out there flying.

I disagree. MSFS 2020 is a pretty scenery game. As a flight simulator it falls flat on it's face. Appears to be geared for the arcade kiddie crowd. This is not a simulator. And yes I am a real world pilot.

Edited by bam1220

I've never had to resume a flight, so haven't experienced this. Do you save the flight plan before starting the flight?

Two files are created on saving the plan: the .PLN and .FLT files.

Once you start the flight, two more files are created: the .FSSAVE and .SPB files.

I suspect the first two are the flight plan route and weather conditions, while the second two are the current positional and panel state conditions when pausing the flight.

The active pause (Pause/Break key) is just a temporary pause of the sim movement, after a minute or so the plane's progress will continue even though it appears frozen.

The ACTUAL pause is the Esc key which takes you back to the menu screen, with options to resume etc. along the bottom left of the screen.

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

did you watch the video?

can you confirm the cenario so i replicate here...You loaded the flight plan prioir in the sim and it wont track the waypoint after takeoff hitting the autopilot in gps mode?

No I reloaded the flight after saving in mid-air. The autopilot is off (known other issue) but when I engaged it, with NAV mode and GPS selected on the CDI it would not track toward or pick up the course. I tried toggling several times to no avail. Adjusting the heading bug and selecting AP HDG caused the aircraft to crash into the ground.

Vern.

I disagree. MSFS 2020 is a pretty scenery game. As a flight simulator it falls flat on it's face. Appears to be geared for the arcade kiddie crowd. This is not a simulator. And yes I am a real world pilot.

Me too Commecial PPL Piper twin Navajo and Cherokee for 20 years

Its the best flightsim of all of those who existed

Until last month i was flying Xp11 and P3dv4.5

I understand the bugs and fixes required but can see its potential.

Sim Pilot Airbus (Real Airbus pilot) also agrees with me, and he has made lots of flights in Xplane prior to MSFS2020, check his channel

Edited by Kapitan

Kapitan

Anyway, tomorrow there is a big 79 GIG update from MS

The first of many to come, and things will be sorted and the fde WILL make use of nature forces simulated by Meteoblue (They are the guys)

So lets ride on the best sim ever so far

Kapitan

Just had the same thing happen resuming a flight from Sywell to Donegal. I think what's happening is that the CDI/GPS/AP is defaulting back towards the first waypoint in the plan. I can't see a way to change the active leg on the CDI. So I set the heading to point me in the general (correct) direction and eventually, for reason unknown, the correct leg then appeared!

Unfortunately in the meantime, nearly stalling trying to climb out of some very exaggerated turbulence, my co-pilot took it upon himself to radio the closest airport that we were coming in to land! This has removed the GPS waypoint marker from the view ahead...

Vern.

Vern, I'd try to avoid having to pause the flight if I were you. Maybe try a shorter IFR flight? How about Bristol to Birmingham or Bristol to Exeter? It might be worth it just to build some experience. I've just done a Leeds-Bradford to Manchester IFR flight to test the Citation CJ4 ILS glideslope capture procedure. It has two NAV buttons and of course, I'd been pressing the wrong one... Edited by tiger1962

Was going to try that Tim but now having more issues - cannot control the plane on the ground. Tried Logitech stick and Xbox pad but just pulls sharply off runway to the right. Tried configuration on both, same thing.

Tested joystick in XP11 and FSX, working perfectly okay.

Vern.

I was having the same problems. Went on my favorite route...Southern California to Seattle, then to Anchorage, Alaska I did as a kid. Anyway I save it and when I load it the autopilot/GPS is all messed up, pause on the game is crazy, and I cant change the time (or weather) to reflect circumstances. Well I don't know if I can do anything about pause or time.

After hours of messing around I found the GPS had reverted to a previous waypoint and most of the settings such as altitude needed to be reconfigured. It took forever to learn how to select the correct waypoint something like flight plan, then direct to on the right side, but it eventually worked. It may have wiped out my IFR and I dont think I could start a new IFR.

So I'm frustrated I can't really save long flights, I think a better option is just flying as long as I can go, then using to the "fly to descent" option the next time I play. Hope they fix this. I love the game otherwise, it's a huge improvement!

I have to say, this post of way off base on two counts. One, the scenery is not just "pretty" -- it is real-world for the entire planet, which is a revolutionary advance that is way beyond anything seen in any previous simulator. Two, you have apparently been nowhere near a game arcade in years (or decades), because MSFS is a highly detailed and often challenging simulator that bears no relationship whatsoever to arcade games. "Kiddie crowd"? Are you serious?

More, the default planes are modelled better than most paywares in the other simulators.

funny reading posts here of guys complaining the C152 wont start and they havent opened the fuel valve below their feet (because they have never been in a real one, too much Xplane perhaps) or Ctrl-E

In Msfs2020 all make sense

In the first week i heard guys complaining how to start cold and dark...

Obviously if you start the plane in the runway its ready for take off. Want cold and dark? set it in the gate.

In the other sims you select from the menu an option for cold and dark....what kind of realism is that? "an option from the menu??"

The Airbus with the Mod tweak already has a start up procedure with Ecams working APU etc that is more realistic than expensive paywares on the other sims. The way the plane move slightly on air (by default) without addons, the nature forces that will slowly be used by developers in FDEs , everything is better in the new sim, and will get even more

Edited by Kapitan

Kapitan