I wish for some time, no more Glass Cockpits Please

Flying all the default planes which is all we can do, only the C152 and the 172 in the Premium edition with analogue give me real satisfaction.

First because thats how i flown all my life. Second? because I dont think its fun to fly in Flight Simulator 4 (yes you read well: 4) style of cockpit.

The two gigantic MFDs occupy nearly the whole monitor, and its interior graphics are FS4 quality. So by staring at them all the time you are using FS4 hahah

Besides, the Glasses look like two big holes, as if they would have cut the fuselage and you could see thru the void repetition of exterior terrain (sort of) too much of the same

If i had a real plane i would love those Garmins, because its REAL life, everything is real, in flightsim you turn around and you see your room, furniture, nothing is real, so at least in the monitor I wish something to please my eyes besides the scenery. In the cockpit, if you have a vintage Boeing from 1970s its much more pleasurable, the feeling of being there.

With Glass Cockpits I feel FS4

An advice to developpers from me/user:

"the sim is saturated with Glass, if you want to sell, go for a plane with analogue, if its a classic, even better"

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

I had the same oppinion when I noticed all the G1000 cockpits. The C172 has classic analogues but unfortunately no DME instrument - so for me it is unusable.

I assume there is a deal / sponsorship between Microsoft and some aircraft manufacturers - thats why there are so many modern light Diamonds and others affordable by aviation enthusiasts.

And the modern airplanes all have these glass displays - so we have to wait on addon developers to provide us with old fashioned cockpits.

in flightsim you turn around and you see your room, furniture, nothing is real, so at least in the monitor I wish something to please my eyes besides the scenery

That's where virtual reality setups are supposed to have an advantage, at least in terms of not seeing your furniture.

I am with Kapitan on that! Give me the classics any day!

Add me to the list also. Maybe it's because I took my first lessons in a 152 back in 1957. Or, mayby it's because such a small percentage of the real 152/172's have glass. Or, maybe it's just because I'm a grumpy old man. Whatever........bring back the steam gauges.

Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

I also agree.

As someone else on this forum has said.. I want a computer simulation of an aircraft, not a computer simulation of a computer.

Glass displays work well in real life but not as well in the sim. Steams gauges are so much better

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Hey, It's not that bad, , the Sim is not "saturated with glass cockpits", Through the whole hangar of the Sim, we have eleven planes with analog cockpits, plus those with analog back-ups. We sure like to get a good DC3, a Beaver,a Beech 18, an AC560, but that will come in time. I find more neede some update correcting the mistakes, glitches, missing airports, and erratic behaviors. Fly Fun.

Hey, It's not that bad, , the Sim is not "saturated with glass cockpits", Through the whole hangar of the Sim, we have eleven planes with analog cockpits, plus those with analog back-ups. We sure like to get a good DC3, a Beaver,a Beech 18, an AC560, but that will come in time. I find more neede some update correcting the mistakes, glitches, missing airports, and erratic behaviors. Fly Fun.

bollocks!

Just ONE plane in the Standard Edution

the rest (which i didnt even try) are aerobatic or experimental, not planes tou can fly from A To B ifr or imc for

example

just take off and land from the same airfield after making some funny loops

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

I agree with Kapitan to a point. I'm a child of two worlds. My first 20 years were flown with the 'steam' gauges and then some more when I made MD80 Captain. When I retired off the 767, I was proficient with it's flight management computer. The knowledge I lack is everything that happened with avionics in the G/A world during my airline years.

Here's what I'm going to do when I replace my eight year old computer...Install 2020 AND FSX. Then, when I want to fly that 707 around the patch, I can do so.

Edited by dbauder