am i the only one not flying , Help needed

I am still trying to get help to install the game on my PC , I have the premium deluxe edition and bought Via MS store

I can download the installer and when i open the installer and asks you to press any button, The installer closes down with no reason.

I have spent hours on MS Windows chat and fobbed off, I am trying to get call backs from Xbox support and nothing.

It looks like i am the only one.

MS says that my machine meets the requirements but cannot help me.

I have searched the web and youtube looking for help, But nothing

I have tried turning off anti virus, Tried VPN from all different countries, I am at a loss

Any help would be great

even IF you have it downloaded:

i have got the Microsoft Flight Simulator: Premium Deluxe Game for 3 days now!

IN SETTINGS IT IS ALL OKÉ !!! ROLL/Pitch/yaw and trottle work here

BUT:

STILL CAN'T GET JOYSTICK WORKING """"ïn Game """"

In my Windows 10 / 64 bit EVERYthing is working oké in Configuration/Apparatus!

BUT after starting (several) planes : NOTHING !!!!! NO pitch/ NO roll/ No Yaw/ NO Trottle!

WHY DID I BOUGHT IT!!??!?!?????? Microsoft Flight Simulator: Premium Deluxe

why couldn't i wait for at least one year until (some) of the bugs are out. Because this SUCKS!!!! THIS NOT AN ALPHA GAME AT ALL!!!!

Edited by Nels_Anderson
Intel® Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz 10 Cores 20 Logic Processors , NVIDIA RT 2080Ti , ASUS-ROG STRIX Z490-H Gaming MoBo, 64Gb-JibJaw RAM , M2_2 970EVO SSD , M2_1 MLM2x30 Kinston 2Tb , OS- Windows10/64bit

When I tried downloading mine, it continually went past the install screen. I had downloaded the installer, but found that I must have missed something as after I pressed "any key" the new screen would just sit their and look at me while it used all sorts of resources doing nothing. Turns out there was a choice that had to be validated before I could "press any key" and actually get any results. The installer would sit there and use up a third of processing and video but accomplish nothing. I can't remember the item I forgot but I think it was validating after I picked my install location. Anyway, look at the screen that says press any button carefully to see if you missed anything like I did before you press any key.

AMD 8350 Eight Core 4.0ghz oc'd to 4.4, 16 gig 2133 DDR3 64 bit ram, Microsoft Sidewinder Precision II. GeForce GTX 980Ti w/4gig

OS=Windows 10 64 bit, FSX w/Acceleration & P3d v3, 4, 5 REXII, OrbX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

John

I found I could download the installer but not the package (after the 'Press any key') unless I disabled the Firewall. Not the Anti-virus but the Firewall. Then the download started fine. Worth a try

Thank you for the advice, Tried but didn't work.

Thinking along the lines of a factory reset on my PC, But the last time i did that, i lost the lot plus it would revert back to windows 8.1

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/581306-trouble-getting-past-the-press-any-key-to-start-page/

Nels will have to forgive me for linking to another site! :eek:

LOL I do it all the time. They are a great source and have faster downloads! I've seen them post over there too.

BTW, what's the status on your new computer? We might have to do a Gofund Me for ya :)

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

LOL I do it all the time. They are a great source and have faster downloads! I've seen them post over there too.

BTW, what's the status on your new computer? We might have to do a Gofund Me for ya :)

New computer won't happen until my computer store reopens for walk-in business. I'm going to have them build one. I'll get to test it there also to make sure it's working and I get a feel for Win10.

By no means a $ issue! ;)

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I was stuck on the press any key page also, then I read a tip, right here in the forum, that said you have to have the xbox app installed on your windows 10. I installed the app, created an account, and VOILA!!! the install picked right up where it left off. When I clicked the 'Any Key"...it immediately began to download, and set up the sim.

so, try that.

Asus Z590 P, Intel I7-10700K, nVidia RTX 4070, 64gb ram(3200), 2 nvme ssd (2 tb total),

Samsung QN90B 43" 4k@120hz, Bose Companion 5 PC speakers, Velocity Flight One

I was stuck on the press any key page also, then I read a tip, right here in the forum, that said you have to have the xbox app installed on your windows 10. I installed the app, created an account, and VOILA!!! the install picked right up where it left off. When I clicked the 'Any Key"...it immediately began to download, and set up the sim.

so, try that.

+1 Yep, pretty much what my link says to do!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Believe me, I have tried everything, For what ever reason, It will not connect to the server to do the main install .

How do you know it’s not connected? I just went through the exact same process. After “press any key”, the screen appeared to freeze. But the task manager showed there was plenty of activity in both the cpu and the GPUs. So I left it grinding away and after maybe 30 mins, the download started.

FS 2020 deluxe; SDK to match; Win10 Pro x64; i7/8700K(3.4 GHz); 16G DDR4, 3200; Gtx 1080; M.2, 1TB; Saitek X52; 23" LCD, native res=1920x1080

How do you know it’s not connected? I just went through the exact same process. After “press any key”, the screen appeared to freeze. But the task manager showed there was plenty of activity in both the cpu and the GPUs. So I left it grinding away and after maybe 30 mins, the download started.

So your saying that the window closes and the program is still running, It just crashes and not running

So your saying that the window closes and the program is still running, It just crashes and not running

It also happened to me, the screen froze with a blue bar at 30% i closed it, went to windows app, start the program again and the download started

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

It was not a window, it was the "press any key" screen, which (in my case, at least) appeared as full screen with no controls on it at all. I pressed several keys with absolutely no apparent response of any kind. I waited about ten minutes, then hit ctrl-alt-del and the task manager came up and showed that the load on my cpu and gpu was "very high". So I walked away and stayed away about an hour - hard to do LOL. I don't remember keystroke by keystroke what I did on return, but I THINK the content management screen was showing. If not, it only took a few keystrokes for it to appear. I assume this is the "blue bar" screen folks are referring to. I don't remember color, but there was a progress bar ending in ~95gb. When I hit the button in lower right (I forget the caption), the download started immediately, and finished without interruption fewer than 2 hours later. (This is with ethernet connection to modem and ~400mbps download bandwidth.)

Sorry I can't remember precisely what I did, but that's the gist of it. I do believe than when you activate the "press any key" screen, the computer will work to establish an effective handshake - or should I say elbow bump ;) - with the MS server. This can be very slow during this high traffic time, but the best policy would be to leave it alone unless you're absolutely sure there's no internet activity.

Wish you success.

Edited by rkl122
FS 2020 deluxe; SDK to match; Win10 Pro x64; i7/8700K(3.4 GHz); 16G DDR4, 3200; Gtx 1080; M.2, 1TB; Saitek X52; 23" LCD, native res=1920x1080

Well, you are NOT ALONE!

I purchased the Premium Deluxe as well and nothing. It won't even install! I started the download from the MS Store and it looks like the download completed around 1GB then I get an error.

I've been to the ZenDesk and requested support which is pretty much non-existent. I've tried everything but nothing works. I also requested a refund since my card wasn't charged until Aug. 10 but they refused claiming it's been more than 14 days.

Anyway, I saw an earlier comment about having the XBox App installed for Windows 10: what is the exact name of the app? I'm not sure if I have it. The ironic part is the support I requested came from XBox.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Pilot...

in windows 10... type "ms store" in the search box...when it opens type "xbox beta' in the search bar and hit enter. click on the app icon and download/install.

Asus Z590 P, Intel I7-10700K, nVidia RTX 4070, 64gb ram(3200), 2 nvme ssd (2 tb total),

Samsung QN90B 43" 4k@120hz, Bose Companion 5 PC speakers, Velocity Flight One