BGBW Narsarsuaq Airport Greenland (Not Available)

Is it just me or they excluded BGBW Narsarsuaq Airport Greenland. This airport is used to ferry planes across the North Atlantic and of course used by airliners if you want to get to Greenland. It has a 6000 ft x 150 ft Runway.

Started: Flight Simulator 98 (Year 1999)

Private Pilot Certificate ASEL: August 7th 2014

Yep, I can’t see it either. Has to be a mistake though.

There’s a very small farm airstrip that I pass on the way to work. Most people wouldn’t even know it was there.. but it’s included in the sim!

BGBW should certainly be there.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Is it just me or they excluded BGBW Narsarsuaq Airport Greenland. This airport is used to ferry planes across the North Atlantic and of course used by airliners if you want to get to Greenland. It has a 6000 ft x 150 ft Runway.

Look at Wikipedia for details of what is NOT included:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Flight_Simulator_(2020_video_game)

There is no mention on BGBW Narsasuaq being omitted, in any of the versions.

Yep, I can’t see it either. Has to be a mistake though.

There’s a very small farm airstrip that I pass on the way to work. Most people wouldn’t even know it was there.. but it’s included in the sim!

BGBW should certainly be there.

Regards

Steve

Would that be Oxenhope EGOX by any chance? I've just done a flight from Crosland Moor EGND to there today.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

No, actually Tim it’s Walton Wood just outside Pontefract. I think it’s an aircraft maintenance firm. I have seen helicopters there before but nothing much.

In the sim though, they’ve even added one or two static planes :)

I’ve been to Crosland Moor a few times. To say it’s a generic one it’s not bad.

I had a dabble with creating scenery years ago & I actually made my own Crosland Moor (& Emley Moor mast!) for FS2002 - still available on this website :)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

I'm used to make transatlantic trips with a Caravan. And I had to stop to Narsarsuaq. When I saw that airport was not implemented, I directly go there and...

Town is there, but, instead of the runway, there is a long hill, perfect for hobbits (albeit a bit cold), but it unusable.

However, after the hill there is a flat triangle valley. It's quite bush-landing, but pleasant.

Also, you can try to land on the hill, but it a bit bumpy.

All of this is exactly on NAR VOR.

narsarsuaq.jpg

Guest Rockcliffe2

There is a dearth of airports in Arctic Canada. I especially miss the beautiful (and challenging) strip in Pangnirtung Fiord, CYXP.

I hope it’s rectified by MS or some scenery designers