Language packs...

I am currently downloading MSFS. It says that i need the English(United States) language pack installed on my PC for atc use.

Does this language pack need to be set as the PC's default or merely just installed alongside my existing default English(UK) pack?

I am late to the party as I only recieved my new PC yesterday. Unfortunately it has a fault on it and it looks like it will need sending back to the company that built it to sort out. (Only two of the 3 hdd's ordered showing in file manager) I am currently waiting to hear from them. [emoji849]. Why is it these issues always happen to me?

I hope you are all enjoying the new sim.

Cheers

Stinger

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

If its all text-to-speech

I guess a human voice only records the alphabet letter sounds,

It shouldnt be very difficult to have ATC in other languages?

And my second thought, why cant Microsoft use a version of Cortana specifically oriented for aviation according to the sim parameters?

Then she/he could give you instructions for the runway and also freely reply to any question.

Like, "how are you today"

"Im fine Sir" (instead of your name which would be non formal)

You could declare an energency and she gives straight vectors to the nearest airport

Tell you the weather for any place you ask

They could get a copy of the Cortana knowledge base (which they own) and customize her specifically for aviation turning her into an ATC controller, instead of searching the web, she would analise your position and logical responses according to what you want to do.

Edited by Kapitan

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

I am currently downloading MSFS. It says that i need the English(United States) language pack installed on my PC for atc use.

Does this language pack need to be set as the PC's default or merely just installed alongside my existing default English(UK) pack?

I installed it alongside the English(UK) pack, which I left as default, and ATC is working fine. You can set your co-pilot to handle comms which is great, or even fly the plane for you.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I installed it alongside the English(UK) pack, which I left as default, and ATC is working fine. You can set your co-pilot to handle comms which is great, or even fly the plane for you.
Great, thanks for the reply. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk