Flight Simulator 2020 Shock Ultra - Boonah

Nice looking shots! Definitely looks fun :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey Dominic,

That plane looks like fun! ;) I was just reading about the American Legend MOAC Mother of All Cubs in an AOPA mag. Apparently two similar approaches to the same function.

BTW: I'm hoping we can easily disable all that data shown on the left in the sim! I saw numbers in another set of screenshots that appear to be a FPS readout. I'd not want to see either on a recurring basis! :o

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Hey Dominic,

That plane looks like fun! ;) I was just reading about the American Legend MOAC Mother of All Cubs in an AOPA mag. Apparently two similar approaches to the same function.

BTW: I'm hoping we can easily disable all that data shown on the left in the sim! I saw numbers in another set of screenshots that appear to be a FPS readout. I'd not want to see either on a recurring basis! :o

Michael

Hi Michael,

It really is that much fun... :D

Yes, the data on the left is actually MSI Afterburner, and is something I use when testing out performance (the default simulator can be totally clear of clutter in the main view).

One thing the screenshots don't show or represent, are the wonderful ambient sounds found within the sim. These are just as impressive as the visuals in my opinion, and add greatly to the overall atmosphere. For example...land near the shore, turn off the engine, and you will hear the waves lapping, plus numerous birds, animals, etc. Likewise...if you land somewhere tropical...you will hear birds/animals associated with that environment...it's simply fantastic!

Interestingly, these sounds seem to be dependent on weather conditions, as setting the temperature to sub zero in the Amazon (just for a laugh), caused all the wildlife to suddenly disappear! Bringing it back to normal...brought back the wildlife. :D

Cheers

Dom

Looks like a fun aircraft to fly! Nice set.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64