So my download got started last night. My connection is only 6 MBPS (DSL). So after an hour or so, it was at 8.7 GB complete. I decided to pause the download, and reboot to see if the download resumes at that last point.

Nope.

It started all over.

It seems like they could have allowed a partial download to survive a reboot.

Ugh.

Slow here too... The first download got stuck so I quit the App and re-launched it at 7.20am, when the Content Manager kicked in and began downloading again. It's downloaded "38.77GiB" since then so I'm finding other things to do, such replacing a headlamp bulb on the car and taking the wife out to dinner for a change. So far this new flight sim is great for domestic harmony...

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

It’s day one of an extremely anticipated sim. All over the country and the world folks are downloading it. Of course it’s gonna be slow. Bottlenecking the system.
CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Internet speed & time of downloading clearly makes a difference.

I have VM 200mbps & I started the download at about 4am

It took about 1.5 hours! (direct from Microsoft)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

About 4.5 hours here - a few minutes for the Steam host files, the rest for the Asobo stuff. There's a period of about 10 mins after the D/L completes and you get a black window but still unravelling stuff as the HDD light on almost continuously. Then it dropped me in the welcome screen. So no real drama (yet...).
Vern.

Going on 12 hours for me in Toronto. I have download speeds of 50 MPs or greater on all devices but when this flight simulator is downloading at a snails pace. Still have 10 percent to go.

My system

MSI GE75 Raider

Intel Core i7 10750H CPU 32 GB Ram

2T SSD HD Geforce RTX 2080 Super

9 hours in - doesnt appear to have downloaded all the updates. Its crashed, now back into game and running through settiing the experiences.

No control presets for Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino Stick & Throttle which is a little annoying. Wife just arrived home, so wont be playing today now...

So I finished downloading at 22 noon yesterday. Which was 12 hours after I started. I pulled my laptop into an ethernet line and that gave me a little burst of doped for a few minutes and seemed to get me over a hump.

After downloaded I set some parameters and stated up the game. As soon as I was loaded and on a runway the game froze several times so I closed it and shut down my computer and restarted it and restarted the flight simulator. I loaded up downsview airport in Toronto and it froze once or twice more and then I got it going just by waiting. Since then it's been smooth as silk. I've flown over Toronto, Ottawa, Florida and Bermuda. It's amazing. Photo quality like I can't believe and very smooth. Seems like the custom joystick settings come undone once in a while and I reset them. But overall it's a true masterpiece.

My system

MSI GE75 Raider

Intel Core i7 10750H CPU 32 GB Ram

2T SSD HD Geforce RTX 2080 Super