MSFS downloads have started

For those of you who don’t know, the release version is now available in certain locations

https://www.flightsimulator.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-release-times/

Many flight simmers around the world have already downloaded it by changing the computer’s time zone location to Kiribati :)

Some have had problems but others haven’t

Personally I’m going to wait until tomorrow, just in case

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Personally I’m going to wait until tomorrow, just in case

Same here. It's released at midnight our time which is too late for me, I start work at 8am.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Me too! One more day is not a big deal.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

I work nights, but I’ll be home for 4am!

The question is.. will I be able to sleep without starting the install.

If I do start it... will I be getting up every so often to check on it? :)

Oh, and another thing.. some who have bought the deluxe/premium deluxe versions and have already installed it, are finding that it has only installed the standard version. Another reason to wait.

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

I couldn't resist and I tried. Time zone Kiribati or Samoa. It even starts a trailer but then you are asked to insert a disk. The trick with the time zone has probably been tried by others. :cool:

Anyway, I wait for 8 more hours, in Austria MSFS launches at midnight!

Oh, and another thing.. some who have bought the deluxe/premium deluxe versions and have already installed it, are finding that it has only installed the standard version. Another reason to wait.

Many are finding out that it did not pay to change their time zones to the little island in the Pacific Ocean just to download and install at the earliest. It seems that it is requesting a disc in the dvd player to run it even though it's the download version.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I pre-ordered the Standard version. When it is released at midnight tonight will MS automatically email me a download link at midnight? If not how do I go about getting it? I also read that those who pre-ordered can download 180 mb of the sim ahead of time and then install the rest after it is officially released. Is that true? TIA.

My system says that MSFS is installed, but when I try to launch, it says I'm too early. If I'm not mistaken, today is 8-17, so what's up with that?

You have the installer and some of the base files on your computer. Release has always been 8-18. That's what's up!

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

I pre-ordered the Standard version. When it is released at midnight tonight will MS automatically email me a download link at midnight? If not how do I go about getting it? I also read that those who pre-ordered can download 180 mb of the sim ahead of time and then install the rest after it is officially released. Is that true? TIA.

When you purchased did you get the installer files on your computer? And there is a time line from MS for a staggered release so check on that also.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

When you purchased did you get the installer files on your computer? And there is a time line from MS for a staggered release so check on that also.

Where would I find the installer files? I pre-ordered from my laptop (not where the sim will be installed) and just got a receipt for the payment and a confirmation along with an order # both via email.

Disregard. I found them. I was able to partially install some files and then when I hit Play it said I was too early to finish the install. I'll wait until midnight tonight and try again. Thanks.

Edited by sonnymayer

Is there updates after the download of FS2020? I am in Australia and after messing around in the Microsoft website for ages I finally went through the Xbox route and found my downloadable Deluxe version. I decided to install it on a SSD that I have for games, it took a fare while to download to where I wanted it, I was starting to get excited but could not find a way to get the Sim going. Another download window appeared and stated update? I thought ok and pressed it, so now I don't know if it is actually an up-date or if I am downloading the whole lot again. Not very well laid out as I thought it might be. Any others had problems?

I'm situated in Rotterdam, The Netherlands (where it is now 02:57 a.m. on 18 August) and I've just learned that my dvd version of the game will be delivered in about 14 hours. Can't wait, not only for the installed game, but also to read about other peoples' first reaction to it. I would like to livestream a couple of first flights on Youtube. Can anybody here tell me which software one can best use for something like that?

I'm installing it now, so in case this is any use to anyone...

I pre-ordered and received an email confirmation and a link to the order in my Hotmail account. Nowhere on there is there a link to installing the game.

instead I went back to the Windows store and then the option to purchase had been replaced by the option to install.

For me installation is in two parts. Part 1 (just over 1Gb from memory) suggests it is installing the game but really this feels like a 1Gb installer. when I opened this I was then led through a couple of screens for accessibility and something else I don't recall and now I'm downloading 95Gb of data to complete the installation.

Hope that helps.

Rez

i5-9600k, Z390A-Pro, 16Gb, 1Tb NVME, RTX2060 Super, AIO Cooling

I'm installing it now, so in case this is any use to anyone...

I pre-ordered and received an email confirmation and a link to the order in my Hotmail account. Nowhere on there is there a link to installing the game.

instead I went back to the Windows store and then the option to purchase had been replaced by the option to install.

For me installation is in two parts. Part 1 (just over 1Gb from memory) suggests it is installing the game but really this feels like a 1Gb installer. when I opened this I was then led through a couple of screens for accessibility and something else I don't recall and now I'm downloading 95Gb of data to complete the installation.

Hope that helps.

Rez

That was exactly my install experience.

For other reasons I had set my laptop regional settings to the UK, despite living in Argentina. Last night, around 22h local (already 18th in the UK) I clicked on the MSFS shortcut... and it started installing. However, 91 GB is too much for my connection. I stopped at bedtime, and obviously, just before going to work, I opened it again. I hope that all is set up for when I get back home in the afternoon ;)

Best regards,

Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png