In Flight Emergency

Global Freightways hired me to do a quick repositioning flight from Newark to Kennedy.

2020-7-29_17-5-12-167.jpg

I set the autopilot to hold 3000 feet, put the flaps out a few degrees, and pushed the throttle all the way forward. The plane accelerated down the runway until it reached the speed where I pulled back and it lifted smoothly into the air.

I pulled back on the throttle levers, but number four was jammed at full. I pulled as hard as I could, but nothing changed. With a sigh, I cut the fuel. Nothing changed. Uh oh.

2020-7-29_17-9-1-267.jpg

I turned the yoke to the right, but with the asymmetrical thrust, it hardly turned, and I had to put a good amount of rudder to get it to turn.

2020-7-29_17-10-42-440.jpg

I got it pointing in the right direction before calling the tower. They didn't understand the situation at first, but finally cleared all runways for me to land.

2020-7-29_17-13-48-769.jpg

I really had to manage the spoilers and remaining engines to keep the aircraft at a reasonable speed. I landed with the parking brake already set and set the thrust reversers right away. I was worried it might not be enough, but the plane was dragged to a halt.

2020-7-29_17-15-4-938.jpg

Now what am I going to do about that engine?

Spent way too much time using these sims...

FS 5.1, FS-98, FS-2000, FS-2002, FS-2004, FSX, Flight, FSW, P3Dv3, P3Dv4, MSFS

If the engine won’t shut down, throw a wrench into it ;)

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]