FSX in 16 bit color scheme

Nottobe

I compared my FSX Accel FSX cfg entries with your FSX Cfg entries. Here are the lines that you don't have (or are different). Like it was already pointed out you have duplicate (Display_Device...) lines (and the are both different res - BIG No No!).

Chuck B

Napamule

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIRST of all: YOU INSTALLED FSX IN THE WRONG PLACE: S/B= C:\FSX (ie: not in 'Program Files..').

And your default flight is not where it should be (ie: s/b 'Roaming\ etc). Here is where XP puts flights in mine:

SITUATION=C:\Documents and Settings\CB\My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\C-172 KSNS Rnwy26 Ver3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[GRAPHICS]

ALLOW_SHADER_30=1

SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693500672

[Display]

WideViewAspect=True

ChangeTime=2.000000 //o=4.000000

TransitionTime=2.000000 //o=4.000000

[Main]

Location=0,0,1280,1024,\\.\DISPLAY1

//Location=3,0,1275,995,\\.\DISPLAY1 //exited when in windowed mode

ProcSpeed=13755

PerfBucket=7

DisablePreload=1

[PANELS]

DEFAULT_VIEW=1

[DISPLAY.Device.ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series.0] //MY GPU - (not yours) //**

Mode=1280x1024x32 //TRY THIS RES SETTING (match Desktop Res !!)

TriLinear=1

[sCENERY]

LENSFLARE=0

IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=5

MAX_ASYNC_BATCHING_JOBS=3

SmallPartRejectRadius= 2.0 //o=4.0

[TERRAIN]

AUTOGEN_DENSITY=4

DETAIL_TEXTURE=1

LOD_RADIUS=4.500000 //*** This is the recommended setting not 8.5 !!!

MESH_COMPLEXITY=75

MESH_RESOLUTION=20

SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=2

TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=24

WATER_EFFECTS=6

//I DO NOT HAVE NEXT 2 LINES ANYWHERE IN MY FSX CFG. Don't need them..????

//TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=4500

//TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=3000

//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

//THE FOLLOWING ARE DUPLICATE (AND CONFLICTING Settings (ie: Resolution !!))

//(I only have one (Display_Device...) listed as 'series.0' (See '**' above ).

//

//YOU HAVE 2 LISTED:

//[DISPLAY.Device.AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series.0] //Series.0

//Mode=1920x1080x32

//[DISPLAY.Device.AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series.1] //Series.1

//Mode=1024x768x32

oh sorry I didnt mention that I have 2 monitors, the other is Acer set at 1024x768

Like it was already pointed out you have duplicate (Display_Device...) lines (and the are both different res - BIG No No!).

You and Mallcontent need to get you eyes checked, they are not the same.

FIRST of all: YOU INSTALLED FSX IN THE WRONG PLACE: S/B= C:\FSX (ie: not in 'Program Files..').

While I agree that FSX should not be in Program Files, it will have no affect on this issue.

And your default flight is not where it should be (ie: s/b 'Roaming\ etc). Here is where XP puts flights in mine:

SITUATION=C:\Documents and Settings\CB\My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\C-172 KSNS Rnwy26 Ver3

His default flight is exactly where Microsoft puts it when you install the sim.

If you do not believe me, delete everything on that line after Situation= and restart the sim, then see what it says.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Please always use day to post graphics problems. People may not see what you want them to see if their monitor is not turned up as bright as yours.

Also check your filter setting. Trilinear generally does a better job of blending textures together but at the cost of lower frame rates than the other filters.

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Please always use day to post graphics problems. People may not see what you want them to see if their monitor is not turned up as bright as yours.

Also check your filter setting. Trilinear generally does a better job of blending textures together but at the cost of lower frame rates than the other filters.

Maybe my monitor is too bright? It's only at 50% brightness, I can see the patchy colors in the clouds. This problem is only visible in the night time in FSX.

There are monitor calibration programs you can download, but they are mostly useful for high resolution graphics design. For games, what I have found most useful is a simple graphic image filled with grey scale. Adjust your monitor so no two gray patches look the same and you'll be close.

FS does poorly with lighting at night. This is true for most games because you only have grey scale colors to work with. During the day, you also have all the scale of all the other colors giving your AA a lot more colors to work with.

My guess is you are being too critical with how things look at night.

Here is the grey scale image I use to calibrate to games. Make sure the lighting in your room is what you normally use.

Set your monitor for max contrast and adjust brightness so you can see a difference between all the colors. White should look white (not green,grey, blue- hold a sheet of high quality printer paper next to it) and you should be able to tell the difference between pure black and the next shade of grey.

COLOR_TS.jpg

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Archived