GAS to LUK (two airports in Ohio)

Anyone who's ever shopped at Sporty's Pilot Shop knows it's at a small airport in/near Cincinnati, KLUK. Which was named after the Lunken family who were/are very involved in sport aviation in the US. In fact Martha Lunken, who must be mid 80's at least, is still a writer for FLYING magazine. She is a master story teller! If you ever want to hear about the funny side of amateur aviation, I'd recommend her stories!

The May edition of FLYING involves a flight in and out of KGAS, Gallia-Meigs Regional Airport on the bank of the Ohio River in far eastern Ohio. I've flown in and out of LUK many times RW but never to GAS. So I thought I'd do a reverse sim flight. I departed GAS flying West to LUK but made a stop at 92OH to drop off a parcel at the General Electric facility there.

I "flew" this hop yesterday in RW time and weather. I hope you enjoy it.

Michael

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4 climbout.jpg

5 to final at 92OH (GE).jpg

6 Rollout GE.jpg

7 Offload @ GE.jpg

Please view the continuation.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

This on and the continued are really great. I've bought stuff from Sporty's but have never been to the airport. Eastern Ohio, KGAS? I will need to check that out. I was born and raised on the eastern side of Ohio :)

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This on and the continued are really great. I've bought stuff from Sporty's but have never been to the airport. Eastern Ohio, KGAS? I will need to check that out. I was born and raised on the eastern side of Ohio :)

Gallipolis Ohio. The airport sits literally on the Ohio River flood plane and can be very dangerous because of the hordes of geese that live and fly around there. In fact a plane that was literally crashed by hitting a flight of geese is what sent Martha, at that time a FAA inspector, there.

Michael

Edited by Rupert

real weather? Very green indeed!

Yes it is! My front yard complete with trees is every bit that green as well. People in Europe seem to forget how far South the US is compared to the South of Europe. For example Louisville Ky is is over 5 degrees South of Cannes. So we here in Louisville are over 300 miles South of Cannes. We have had many 70+*F days here and more than a few over 80* day so far this year.

In fact coming up on 17:30 EST here, it's 73*F in the shade on my patio and I'm about to go out and grill some steaks on charcoal in about a hour! ;)

Michael

Edited by Rupert

Gallipolis Ohio. The airport sits literally on the flood River flood plane and can be very dangerous because of the hordes of geese that live and fly around there. In fact a plane that was literally crashed by hitting a flight of geese is what sent Martha, at that time a FAA inspector, there.

Michael

Ah, very southeast Ohio.

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]