Bad news for P3D and me

goldhawk

I hope I end up being wrong on this one. However I purchased P3D and then cancelled the gmail account I registered with so it seems I am S.O.L.

I also no longer have that bank account although I do have a copy of my bank statement that I e mailed to them.

All I can really do is offer to send them a copy of my driver's license. I would find it highly unlikely that any one else with my name would have bought P3D from this town on that date. I have my original downloaded media and whatever serial numbers I saved from it at that time. I just kind of don't like being locked out of the system in the event that I do ever want to download again. I guess it just depends on how far back the records they keep go. I did purchase in 2013 and I think it was version 1.4

I guess you might be wondering why I post this here? Well I would imagine some PR guy from P3D might check this forum on occasion. I was always told that the squeaky wheel gets the oil and if you use social media when dealing with a big company sometimes it helps. This is now as close to social media as I get as I do not any longer do FB.

I had this problem with FRAPS once and they were happy to fix the problem. But I guess comparing fraps to Lockheed Martin is like comparing a kid with a grass cutting business to Microsoft. Not knocking grass cutting but when I was a kid doing it I surely was not paying the bills and putting a roof over my head. I know some folks can put a roof over there head doing that and my hat is off to them. Actually most of the people that cut grass around here drive nicer trucks then any vehicle I have ever had.

I am also kind of bummed that I spent money on Flight1 Instant Scenery version 2 and now they do not provide any way for me to download it since they want to push version 3. This is a product I have always liked a great deal so I hate to knock the company behind it but fair is fair and unfair just seems unfair. I am good for now because I still have the program (luckily backed it up), but I have no idea how long the license key will continue to work nor whether it will be renewable.

I feel really bad for any one that gets out of this hobby for a while and then tries to get involved with it again. Pilot shop here is sold out of FSX Gold finally and trying to get a hold of it for anything less then a hundred bucks well good luck. I guess it is a knife that cuts both ways. I had three copies of FSX Gold and cashed out on two of them so now I am left with just one. I would probably want to go the way of p3d over FSX Steam any day.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

.::Gateway::. i5, 8GB Memory, 2gb Nvidia Video Card, Win7, FS9, FSX, P3D

Android User. Sometimes Ubuntu User.

I am also kind of bummed that I spent money on Flight1 Instant Scenery version 2 and now they do not provide any way for me to download it since they want to push version 3.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/instant-scenery-2_topic50129.html?KW=instant+scenery+download

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Loki is probably right. I just think that if I register on that system with yet another e mail it will only further confuse things. Some times all you can do is wait and see what the powers that be shall decide.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you really purchased 1.4 then you are not stuffed. Just under-informed: 1.4 is NOT a transferable licence to 2.x.

v2.x is the ONLY downloadable version now available, 1.4 was discontinued, so the best `PR` you could expect would be to have access to 1.4 restored.

But you said you had it backed up.

There were no further 1.x series versions after 1.4 so you have exactly what you paid for. Go with the original registration and change the email address.

For everything else you pay money. Like the rest of us.

Not sure why you posted, given that it would have taken about 30 seconds to find out all this. LM is not a charity, and neither are we.

I doubt it would confuse things any more and would be far more likely to catch the attention of the "powers that be." Could wait quite some time only to find that they would be happy to help clear things up and have it done in a day or two.

Well I hate to tell 'some' of the responders, but yes it did work out for me. Seems like you were hoping it would not. I did not say anywhere in my typing I wanted version 2.0. I guess some folks read in between the lines. Sorry to say I only agree with loki

" Go with the original registration and change the email address."

That is kind of hard to do when you do not have access to original registration e mail that they send a reset password to.

I also did not ever say that I wanted charity from any company. Just what I paid for and what I got, 30 seconds was more like two days. But that does not really bother me, I was prepared to be patient.

LM was really no problem but the condescending attitudes I got here were.

Sorry to tell you this fellow member but what I got was what I was hoping I would be able to eventually report.

Happy Outcome, with a company that went to bat for me.

If you want I can post the dates and times of my e mail correspondence with LM so we can further debate this 30 second assumption.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you really purchased 1.4 then you are not stuffed. Just under-informed: 1.4 is NOT a transferable licence to 2.x.

v2.x is the ONLY downloadable version now available, 1.4 was discontinued, so the best `PR` you could expect would be to have access to 1.4 restored.

But you said you had it backed up.

There were no further 1.x series versions after 1.4 so you have exactly what you paid for. Go with the original registration and change the email address.

For everything else you pay money. Like the rest of us.

Not sure why you posted, given that it would have taken about 30 seconds to find out all this. LM is not a charity, and neither are we.

I guess you are under-informed also because v2.x is not the ONLY downloadable version now available.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...v2.x is the ONLY downloadable version now available, 1.4 was discontinued, so the best `PR` you could expect would be to have access to 1.4 restored.
P3D v1.4, Scroll down: http://www.prepar3d.com/prepar3d-store/

All three versions are still available for purchase...

...Now get out of the way so we can discuss the current version not your obsolete software.
His thread! You are treading on thin ice with your attitude...again...

Don't have anything positive to say? Don't reply...Don

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW

16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

I believe so:

I did purchase in 2013 and I think it was version 1.4

Happy Outcome, with a company that went to bat for me.

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW

16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

Archived