CYYR Goose Bay to CCZ2 Rigolet

Having recently read Davidstraka's round the world leg into Goose Bay and the cold, I had to check it out. Bad call on my part it was 8*F when I landed in Goose Bay with lots of clouds. Thankfully only a few snow flurries.

So just to get a better look at things, after stopping for lunch I continued on to CCZ2 Rigolet, which is on the coast. Here are a few shots of the trip starting with landing at Goose Bay.

BTW: I just purchased the MILVIZ Turbo Otter. It comes with skis as well as floats. If I ever learn how to fly it, my next snow trip will probably be using the skis and avoid some airport landing fees.

1 Final CYYR.jpg

2 Rollout.jpg

3 Eastbound.jpg

4.jpg

5 rear.jpg

6 Heaters on.jpg Right before I took this shot, my pitot tube froze over so I had to turn the heaters on. DUH!

7 Coming Down.jpg

8 On Downwind.jpg

9 Over.jpg

10 Final CC72.jpg

11 Clearing the Runway CC72.jpg

12 Done.jpg

We've had several days in the 70*F range here in Kentucky. And frankly, I can't recall it got down to 7F this winter at all. So you tend to forget how cold it sometimes gets.

BTW: Shot #8 labelled On Downwind obviously was downwind to Goose Bay not Rigolet. Sorry bout that :o

Michael

Edited by Rupert
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Your Mooney must like cold weather Michael. A good landing at Goose Bay and nice flight to Rigolet. The pics. are realistic to the point that I'm thinking of brewing up a hot toddy. :cool: :cool: :)

By the way your Mooney just received the Peerhoven Academy of Flight's Chameleon award for changing its paint scheme in mid flight (#9). :D

Larry

Looking good Michael! Welcome to the frozen north! :D

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Your Mooney must like cold weather Michael. A good landing at Goose Bay and nice flight to Rigolet. The pics. are realistic to the point that I'm thinking of brewing up a hot toddy. :cool: :cool: :)

By the way your Mooney just received the Peerhoven Academy of Flight's Chameleon award for changing its paint scheme in mid flight (#9). :D

Hey!! Anytime Jan lands without his plane getting wet, he awards himself a citation!! I'm much more interested in landing dry, unless I'm flying a plane that is certified for water landings!! IMHO, :D

Michael

Yes, I admit, I've posted so many inflight pictures I sometimes don't remember which color of plane I was in at that moment!! Having said that, changing colors is a well established form of keeping inflight security against the enemy!!

While serving in the USMC, I'd probably have won an award for creativity!

Michael

BTW: Thanks for the catch!!

Edited by Rupert

What all those guys here are tending to fly to the Arctic lately??! :):)

Must be aliens :cool:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What all those guys here are tending to fly to the Arctic lately??! :):)

Hey snow is pretty! As long as you don't have to drive in it.

Having said that, I just posted a string of shots from Tasmania. That's about as far away from the Arctic as 99% of us will ever get. ;)

Michael