The Von Peerhoven's influence

kalizzi

I learned to love the DC-4 from Jan. I have always been a two-engine prop enthusiast, until -encouraged by many members of this forum, to download and try Jens Kristensen's DC-4 / C-54 model. It is quite amazing. I downloaded the latest NorthEastern repaint by the talented Gary Harper and took the ship for a spin. This little baby is a pleasure to fly, and to add more fun, I have an excellent custom panel installed -designed by my good friend Rick.

Its a shame that Flight Replicas isn't going to offer any Christmas sale on their Douglas DC-4 model :mad: Quite a princely price tag.

Click for a larger image

DC4_NE.jpg

Missed you all guys, sorry I am far less online than before due to real life issues. Happy holidays to all. :pilot: :cool: :cool:

Khalid

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome back. Nice post! Wishing a great holiday to you

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

David, Larry, Jan and Adam: thank you for your lovely messages. Best wishes.

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Khalid - I had the military version C-54 in the Olive Drab paint. After seeing yours, I had to search to find a civilian version which I did find the Jen Kristensen's download. Very nice flying aircraft and now I have the best of two worlds when it comes to the DC-4!

2019-12-22_19-41-44-130.jpg

Thanks - Rick

That is a beautiful DC-4
+1!

That BOAC is really a great shot. But then again, so are the rest!

Thanks for your post and your update Khalid! Hope things get less frantic for you next year! "Life" has grounded me a lot lately as well.

Happy Holidays and a better 2020 to us all!!

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

+1!

That BOAC is really a great shot. But then again, so are the rest!

Thanks for your post and your update Khalid! Hope things get less frantic for you next year! "Life" has grounded me a lot lately as well.

Happy Holidays and a better 2020 to us all!!

Michael

Welcome Back to you too Michael. Hope life is treating you fairly. Yes let's hope 2020 is a kinder year than this one. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Khalid

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Khalid - I had the military version C-54 in the Olive Drab paint. After seeing yours, I had to search to find a civilian version which I did find the Jen Kristensen's download. Very nice flying aircraft and now I have the best of two worlds when it comes to the DC-4!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]214347[/ATTACH]

Thanks - Rick

A copy of that is already in my hangar Rick, thanks for the lovely picture.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That is a beautiful DC-4

Glad you like it John, thanks for the compliment.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My friends, please check this link to Frank Gonzalez repaints for the Jens C-54 and Dc-4's. The late Mr. Gonzalez made some beautiful repaints for lots of FS planes. http://www.calclassic.com/frank.html.

That link you posted is a treasure trouve. I have saved it into the FlightSim folder in my favourites. Thank you Jan. God bless Frank Gonzalez.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]