Got a new bird to play with, douglas a-26c

Looks like another awesome bird! :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A great bird, Rick! Do I see missing nose and window glass? I had a very similar problem that il88pp figured out for me. In the Main FSX folder is a folder called ShadersHLSL. Inside are subfolders and one is called "Common". Mine was missing that one and I restored from my backup. Is yours missing, also??

A26c.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Tlhanks, Charlie, I just looked and my folders are still there. When I first downloaded, I thought they were missing glass, but it's there! Seems like in brighter light, it appears not there. In darker lighting, the glass shows. It seems like tinted glass.

I like this download, but I am not happy with the panel. But it will be fine for awhile!

Rick :cool:

Here is a pic with a building behind it. Glass is there, just not as visible as yours is. Maybe something I can tweek?

2019-9-1_14-5-38-671.jpg

Edited by Downwind66

Oh dear, I do my best to produce as many paints as I can, and Rick whittles them down again.

Still , nice model, you'll enjoy it! And don't forget the A-26B..

Jan - I download aircraft for flying (not for flying and looking at) and I can only fly one at a time, so if a downloads offers 5-6 different paints/liveries, I whittle them down to maybe 1 or 2 that look more appealing than the others! If I didn't, my flight sim would continue to grow and grow and grow. I use a home computer that both my wife and I use, for more that just having fun on flight simulator! I envy those that have just one computer dedicated to flight simulator only! I am not one of those lucky peoplel!

You do put out quality paints and I have just recently started adding some (your recent B-25J paints) to my collection.

A great bird, Rick! Do I see missing nose and window glass? I had a very similar problem that il88pp figured out for me. In the Main FSX folder is a folder called ShadersHLSL. Inside are subfolders and one is called "Common". Mine was missing that one and I restored from my backup. Is yours missing, also??

Here you go, Charlie! Definitely looks better. I originally downloaded the FS2004 aircraft, but then after you mentioned something about the glass, I went back in SOH and found the upgrade to take the download up to FSX native. You can now clearly see the glass without squinting!

2019-9-1_16-32-41-163.jpg

Thanks - Rick :cool:

Not yet, if fact, it's pretty nice right now! It is starting to get breezy, though! I"m about 15-20 miles south of West Palm Beach, so things probably won't start rattling until tomorrow afternoon! I've got electric roll down panels, so I can button up in hurry if I need to. Garage is ready for the car, but it won't go in until tomorrow.

We are good, thank God! I really feel bad for the people in the Bahamas! 185 MPH winds right now! They are getting hammered!

Thanks for asking, Charlie!

In the Main FSX folder is a folder called ShadersHLSL. Inside are subfolders and one is called "Common". Mine was missing

Hi Mr Zippy. Always useful!

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Just an update to my newly found Douglas A-26C. I wasn't crazy about the panel, considered replacing it with another panel that I had. I began to like the panel that came with it, just needed a few tweaks/additions. I now have it the way I want it (until the next time I get a thought) !

2019-9-3_19-23-21-962.jpg

2019-9-3_19-34-52-338.jpg

Really has turned out to be a nice flying bird! Rick :cool: