Sprucy.

I got playing with the HK1 Hercules, in other words The Spruce Goose.

I re-textured it with my usual fictional paint, plus I wanted to make it an AI type, after a bit of tweaking I got it to work, it still needs the odd tweak but it's almost there.

Side issue: I was lucky enough to go on the real Spruce Goose at Long Beach California years ago, I actually sat in the cockpit, then after that went next door and toured round the Queen Mary.

Spruce Goose HK1 parked.jpg

Spruce Goose HK1 taxi.jpg

Spruce Goose HK1 climb.jpg

Spruce Goose HK1 climb2.jpg

Spruce Goose HK1 with ship.jpg

After another tweak I got it! It was doing a slight bounce just before takeoff but now it works fine.

Also in case you are wondering the paint scheme is a bit bare, the reason it there is no left or right fuselage in the paint only the one which covers both sides.

So any text or flags etc will look OK on one side but reversed on the other, so I was limited on adding anything but it was a bit of fun anyway lol.

Spruce Goose HK1 Flight.jpg

Looks like you flew it longer than Howard did. Very nice job with it!

I had to travel back a forth to Long Beach for 4 years while being part of the logistics program on the C-17 at DAC. Never did get a chance to visit the Spruce Goose or Queen Mary. Lucky you!

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi David, it's funny because we were on a fly drive holiday and the first port of call was a motel at Long Beach, from the balcony we could see the QM, so decided the next day to visit, then as we got there I saw that Spruce was also there so went there first, I didn't know it was there lol.

Col.

Hi David, it's funny because we were on a fly drive holiday and the first port of call was a motel at Long Beach, from the balcony we could see the QM, so decided the next day to visit, then as we got there I saw that Spruce was also there so went there first, I didn't know it was there lol.

Col.

It is amazing how many people are not aware that they are there!

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Larry, Ha Ha, yes, I found lots of Goose pics to put on the tail but I wanted one front facing so I didn't need to flip it on the other side, in other words it looks the same both sides.

Same with the star icon on the front, looks the same both sides, I just wanted something up front to add to the texture.

Col.