Found another classic!

Looks like a Beech D18S, flies like a Beech D18S, but it's actually a replica of Amelia Earhart's Lockheed Electra L10E. I believe it is just a tad larger than the Beech, but it flies surprisingly well! 185 KIAS, 22" MP and 3200 RPM! Oh, and the download did not come with animated pilot and co-pilot, so don't assume it is a ghost aircraft!

2019-8-5_17-52-10-299.jpg

2019-8-5_18-7-19-229.jpg

Rick :cool:

Awesome!

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I like 2D panels as well. Most my planes that have VC panels only get custom 2D panels added as I find many times they are quicker to use and easier to read. Have fun with your new classic. Jim
I am a King Air fan. [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks David, Jim and Jan for your comments!

Jan - One thing I got a kick out of, they have fenders installed over the tires. I guess that comes in handy when flying in and out of muddy airfields?

Jim - Here's the panel I used:

2019-8-5_19-22-54-733.jpg

Edited by Downwind66

Jan - That's a nice livery for the Lockheed! Yes, I like the Beech panel. Back when I was going crazy downloading all my D18's, I decided to modify the panel to the way I liked it. I have AP, GPS, ILS and a Radio Stack good enough to get me in and out of the most complex airports! I have the same panel in both black background and green background.

I like this download. Aircraft is very stable and is very predictable!

I like the L-10s also Rick. :) They're a really sweet flyer. I have about 20 paints and I use the FS Design Berlin L-10A panel that I've heavily modified.

Larry - I usually look at all my downloads and ask myself, "What can I do to make this better?" It usually comes down to my making many changes, a few changes, or just simply deleting a panel all together and installing another panel. If I am going to spend any amount of time flying/enjoying the aircraft, I want it to be like I want it to be! Usually the older aircraft has the outdated panels that really need some serious improvements to them. Some like to keep their downloads completely stock as they were when they downloaded them! Me, I am very picky when it comes to what I would like in a panel! I get a kick out of the older aircraft that have Sperry radio and A/P's with their panels. Those to me would make better boat anchors, than something to aid in your flying!

Anyway, Larry, sounds to me like you and I are on the same page! Thanks for commenting!