Replaced my lockheed c5a with a c5

I originally downloaded the Lockheed C5A, which was a nice flying aircraft, but I just wasn't happy with the graphics the aircraft livery delivered. Recently, others have downloaded the Alpha C5 Galaxy, so I decided to give that download a try. Here are the results and so far I am quite pleased with the appearance of aircraft liveries and quality. I spent a long time tweeking the panel, as I too found out the autopilot offered in the download might appear to be close to the real deal, but from a flight simmer's perspective, it left a lot to be desired. I got it the way I like it, now I am tweeking the gs_proportional_controls down to where they belong for a good ILS descent!

2019-6-27_17-34-26-833.jpg

2019-6-28_0-43-19-714.jpg

Rick :cool:

Hi Rick, it is amazing and I love the more detailed more polished model. Is the Alpha C5 an FSX model or FS9? and do you have a link please?

Best wishes.

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Khalid - Downloaded mine from Simviation, just do a search in FSX Military, Lockheed C-5 Galaxy. Some other members found downloads on this site and Flyaways ! This one on Simviation worked for me! I did a lot of panel mods to get it to my liking, but you can see for yourself what you would like different! It came out well, and I always welcome a challenge! - Rick :cool:

FS2004/FSX Lockheed C-5 Galaxy Package (Category: FSX > Military)

Zip file preview

14.74Mb (34834 downloads)

Lockheed C5 Galaxy package for FS2004 (also works fine in FSX). Lockheed's massive C-5 Galaxy had its origins with the CX-HLS project of 1963, which specified a heavy transport which could carry 250,000 lbs over 3,000 miles without inflight refueling. The first C-5A flew on June 30, 1968, with the last example delivered in May, 1973. The C-5 has 'roll-on, roll-off' capabilities, with huge clamshell doors in the rear, and a nose (visor) that lifts above the cockpit. Comes in 3 textures - white, camo and grey. Custom VC and 2d panel. Opening front and rear loading bays. Ex payware from Alphasim/Virtavia.

Posted Oct 31, 2012 13:03 by alphasim

Thank you Rick, I got one download from rikooo here it is 39 megabytes with an automatic installer. Best wishes. Khalid :cool:

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Khalid - Yep, that's it, same aircraft! I use the 2d panel, had to modify mine with many changes. If you have problems, let me know, I could probably take a copy of my panel config and you could make any changes you might be interested in.

Enjoy! Rick :cool:

Looking really nice. You really enjoy those mods huh?

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You know what David? This is what I like about freeware. It allows me to be very picky/selective. If something isn't to my liking, I will see if I can modify it to make it better (for me that is). If I can't, the download goes to File 13 and I move on to the next! I probably go overboard at times, but I do have fun doing it, for the most part.

Thanks for your comments! Rick :cool:

You know what David? This is what I like about freeware. It allows me to be very picky/selective. If something isn't to my liking, I will see if I can modify it to make it better (for me that is). If I can't, the download goes to File 13 and I move on to the next! I probably go overboard at times, but I do have fun doing it, for the most part.

Thanks for your comments! Rick :cool:

You do good work with them!

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Khalid - Yep, that's it, same aircraft! I use the 2d panel, had to modify mine with many changes. If you have problems, let me know, I could probably take a copy of my panel config and you could make any changes you might be interested in.

Enjoy! Rick :cool:

Yes please Rick I would very much love to have a copy of your panel.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi! I like both liveries indeed!

As far as the fate of a given freeware is concerned, and like a freeware designer, any user can customize a freeware to its taste, as long it doesn't post the mod and made changes for its own use (let's remind that freeware are free of charge, but they are protected by the international copyright laws)

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Yes please Rick I would very much love to have a copy of your panel.

Khalid - Some of the downloads might have come with different panels. On the panel I got with my download, I modified the Autopilot and a couple other items. Look this pic over real good and if it basically looks the same, you should be good with the changes I made and sent you.

2019-6-28_12-14-5-568.jpg

Any questions, PM me and I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Rick :cool:

Archived