Weapon release and engine power up problem

sapphire

I have downloaded the missile and nuke effects utility by Nor-Cal Prop Club for use with a B-36 - everytime i press the engine up keys F3/F4 on take off it always releases the weapon - any ideas how to stop this?

The weapon - ie nuke bomb in this case is under the smoke heading in the aircraft cfg using key I

With thanks

Looking at this download it says "don't have both", I guess meaning that you can have both a missile and nuke bomb in the smoke section of the aircraft.cfg at the same time. Now, does the bomb release when hitting the I key? You say it happens when hitting F3/F4? I'll try this on my B-36.

Works fine! F3/F4 only increase my engines as normal. You may have some cross-binding of some of your keyboard commands. You may want to reset those to default.

Yes, I realize I am too low for this bomb release and I have just incinerated my aircraft, along with my test airport!

nuke.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Thanks for the reply - I have reset the keys and still it releases the bomb at power up

I had a similar problem a few years ago with FS2004 and I had to remove a line - I think from under engine - in the aircraft .cfg file but cannot remember which line it was

everytime i press the engine up keys F3/F4 on take off it always releases the weapon - any ideas how to stop this?

Get a joystick with a throttle lever. The Logitech Extreme 3D Pro is less than £35, is automatically recognized by Windows and FSX, and it'll improve your flight sim experience no end.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I will confirm it drops the nuclear egg using the F3/F4 keys to increase engine speed. I will try with my Extreme 3Dpro joystick and throttle. My B-36H does not do it. Checking some differences in the aircraft.cfg for [engine]. Mine only lists the jets and nothing about the props. Odd!

It does the same thing with my joystick attached.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Have not downloaded the plane yet, but, in:

[Vcockpit01]

is:

gauge27=B36B!B36_Smoke, 0,0,20,20

I expect that is what switches the smoke effects on and off.

The gauge probably switches smoke from engines on or off, depending on whether there's enough thrust, and depending on if engines are on or off.)

The smoke-effects that are switched on on the engines at higher thrust are in

the aircraft.cfg file as:

smoke.0=

smoke.1=

etc, up to:

smoke.5=

You replaced smoke.0

with the bomb effect.

so now when you throttle up, instead of engine smoke, you see that bomb.

--------------

To "fix" you can change "panel.cfg" file line:

gauge27=B36B!B36_Smoke, 0,0,20,20

with:

//gauge27=B36B!B36_Smoke, 0,0,20,20

(in other words, placing two slashes in front of the line disables that line (and therefore

also disables the gauge.))

This way your bomb effect will not show when adding thrust.

But, you will not see engine smoke any more either.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's actually an even better solution.

You could add the bomb effect as triggered by a light switch. Takes one line in the aircraft.cfg file. Don;t add it as "Smoke", but add instead as light.

light.18 = 2, -100.00, -0.00, -20.00, fx_Nukem

(That line and these coordinates work well.)

The first number (2,) makes it connect to the strobe light switch. You can then drop the bomb by flicking the strobe light switch.

(Switch on the 2D panel that can be popped up with combination.)

(Nothing is connected to that strobe light switch yet. So no issue there.)

However, there are already 19 lights (light.0 to light.18). The maximum number of lights is 19. Adding this bomb effect as light.19 won't work.

That means you will have to disable a light (by putting // in front of it's line.

Then either Below the knocked out light create a blank line and add this bomb as the number you knocked out.

Or, renumber, and then add the bomb effect as light.18 in the list.

That way you will have the bomb controllable with the strobe light switch.

You will also still have the smoke effects.

Don't forget to switch the strobe switch to off again after use, or the bombs will keep dropping.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived