Another Warbird from Milton Shupe

Found this aircraft, a Grumman F8F-2 Bearcat, on SimOuthouse. I tried many Bearcat downloads and this one has to be the most stable of all that I tried. When you first look at the listing, shows 50+ MB download, and after extracting to a Temp file, it looked more like 150 MB, ouch! I usually go thru and whittle out all that I am not too interested in. The download comes with a sound folder, 32MB, which sounded like a lot to me, so I copied a sound folder over from another aircraft which totaled a conservative 7 MB. When all was said and done, my total computer space for this Gem of an aircraft was 66.3 MB. :rolleyes:

2019-4-1_19-50-45-887.jpg

I did fly the Boeing 777 this morning, but after a long day, ending up in a very non exciting tv night, I think I will just have to fly this

aircraft around a bit! I still can't get over the size of the Bearcat, being it is a single engine warbird, much much larger than the P-51, Corsairs, Republic XP-72's and many others. Maybe that is why it is so stable. Oh well, I'm getting used to it!

Rick :cool:

Looks like an awesome bird to fly! How fast does she go?

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Jan and David!

Well, David, not just sure yet! I am trying to tweek this bird as if it is a modern day aircraft (flying patterns with ILS settings etc) and she just isn't cooperating so far. I am making some tweeks here and there and it is getting better. Once I get satisfied, then I will let her run to see what she'll do?

This aircraft isn't any Corsair or P-51, that is for sure, but we'll see. I know she takes off like a "scalded dog!" :cool:

Thanks Jan and David!

Well, David, not just sure yet! I am trying to tweek this bird as if it is a modern day aircraft (flying patterns with ILS settings etc) and she just isn't cooperating so far. I am making some tweeks here and there and it is getting better. Once I get satisfied, then I will let her run to see what she'll do?

This aircraft isn't any Corsair or P-51, that is for sure, but we'll see. I know she takes off like a "scalded dog!" :cool:

Looking forward to the flight test results

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yep, the Bearcat is another of Milton's winners. Good shot of it Rick. :cool: :)

Thanks, Larry, this one tried my patience for a little bit, but I think I have it down now. Trying to take an old bird and make it do some modern day

tasks such as ILS landings and such! The bird is very large and stable and a joy to fly!

Thanks - Rick :cool:

Archived