Flaps settings jumping to zero in the default Boeing 737-800

MsThang

I am having a problem with flaps jumping to zero by themselves frequently. Lately I have been flying only the default Boeing 737-800. I guess I should test some other aircraft to see if this problem is confined to the B737-800 or more widespread. Has anyone else encountered this problem. This even happens on takeoff when the flaps go from 5 degrees to zero, but this is most problematic when landing and this has caused loss of altitude on approach when all of a sudden you have no flaps and you get the warning "Too low, flaps" and then botch another landing. Could this be an aircraft.cfg file error? It seems any flaps setting has the problem of jumping to zero. I am at a loss to understand what is causing this. My airspeed is not too high for flaps. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Ms. Dale Carlson

It's The Music That Matters

Not an aircraft problem! Never had an experience with what you describe. Maybe some crossed-up key buttons causing a conflict between what you are expecting to happen and the flaps coming up. Any flaps controls programed into your flight controller? Crud in your keyboard causing unexpected keystrokes?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Archived