Rain with lightning by default?

james143611

Hello all,

I sometimes use Active Sky Next to replicate the live weather, so such as yesterday was very windy and a few showers in the UK, and as such that's what it was when I went from Edinburgh to Paris in FSX:SE, but I noticed there was lightning flashes, which is irritating when a white light floods over the cockpit rapidly, there wasng even a real lightning storm either, but the last time I used it on a rainy day in cornwall in a Twotter I kept getting lightning flashes.

Is this just done by default anytime it rains? Is there a way to turn it off?

Any help appreciated!

James.

Hello all,

I sometimes use Active Sky Next to replicate the live weather, so such as yesterday was very windy and a few showers in the UK, and as such that's what it was when I went from Edinburgh to Paris in FSX:SE, but I noticed there was lightning flashes, which is irritating when a white light floods over the cockpit rapidly, there wasng even a real lightning storm either, but the last time I used it on a rainy day in cornwall in a Twotter I kept getting lightning flashes.

Is this just done by default anytime it rains? Is there a way to turn it off?

Any help appreciated!

James.

How do you KNOW the real weather didn't include Lightning..? Was it not dark and cloud and rain obscuring the view?

No just white scattered clouds, which appeared in the sim as that too, possibly the lightning was some dsitance away?

It's the white flicker in the cockpit that drives me nuts. Flew in rain today and didnt see any flashes so probably was lightning somewhere. I'm not clued up on weather as much, can you see lightning above clouds but not neccesarliy below the clouds on the ground?

No just white scattered clouds, which appeared in the sim as that too, possibly the lightning was some dsitance away?

It's the white flicker in the cockpit that drives me nuts. Flew in rain today and didnt see any flashes so probably was lightning somewhere. I'm not clued up on weather as much, can you see lightning above clouds but not neccesarliy below the clouds on the ground?

Lightning can be seen from space.

Suggest research on the various types of lightning so you know what the differences are. It's very important for pilots.

Aviation weather download engines put a lot of emphasis on lightning with good reason... shame the lightning strike is so poorly represented!

I once saw a thunderstorm from FL400, at night, somewhere over the Adriatic/Eastern Med. Multiple and simultaneous lightning flashes over a huge area, at first I thought it was bombing campaign like the blitz.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I once saw a thunderstorm from FL400, at night, somewhere over the Adriatic/Eastern Med. Multiple and simultaneous lightning flashes over a huge area, at first I thought it was bombing campaign like the blitz.

I once watched an advancing storm bringing an amazing lightning show to the upper atmosphere. Once I was back on the ground, I asked everyone if they saw it or evidence of it? There were literally dozens of flashes a second...

Nobody had. Twas a dark and stormy early evening/night and we'd only been flying at around 7,000 ft.

Hence my question...

Archived