a321 sound

davlawsr

There are 2 sets of a321 sounds both same except 2nd set has an x at the begining of each file. Also this file: [fltsim]alias=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Airbus_A321\soundx

Are we talking about the "Default" A-321 or another aircraft downloaded from somewhere? the sound folder should be labeled "sound" and/or sound.ai. In the aicraft.cfg each [fltsim.xx] should have sound= in one of the lines. The folder labeled sound will contain all of the different .wav files and the folder labeled sound.ai will contain a .cfg aliasing the A321 sound folder. Example below:

[fltsim.0]

title=Airbus A321 Paint2

sim=Airbus_A321

model=

panel=

sound=

texture=2

kb_checklists=AirbusA321_check

kb_reference=AirbusA321_ref

atc_id=F-MSAB

atc_airline=World Travel

atc_flight_number=

ui_manufacturer="Airbus"

ui_type="A321"

ui_variation="World Travel Airlines"

ui_typerole="Commercial Airliner"

ui_createdby="Microsoft Corporation"

description="The Airbus A321 is a stretched version of Airbus’ best-selling short- and medium-range A320. The A321 has a slightly increased wing area, stronger landing gear with larger tires, and engines with increased thrust. When the A321 entered service in 1988, it pioneered the use of “glass cockpit” instrumentation, the first digital fly-by-wire control system used in an airliner, and sidestick controllers."

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

default a321. sound = is in each texture. sound & sound ai hac a cfg.file sound has the one mentioned above and sound ai this one:[fltsim]alias=B737_800\soundai .Other wise everfything is as I stated above

2 complete sets of a321 wav files. difference is 2nd set has an x in front of each file. Example xa321_an1shut

Also this file: [fltsim]alias=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Airbus_A321\soundx

The problem with this is the last word, soundx. Remove the x from the end of the word sound and you'll get the full A321 sounds back.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

As a test, try renaming or removing the existing A321 sound folder and install this one from the library here:

FSX - FSX Sound

FSX Rolls Royce RB211 Sounds (A320)

[ Download | View ]

Name: rolls_royce_rb211__a320_.zip

Size: 22,664,012 Date: 12-28-2011 Downloads: 6,363

FSX Rolls Royce RB211 Sounds (A320). Rolls Royce RB211 sounds for the Airbus A320. By Kevin McDermott.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Have you read the readme.txt file for the addon?

The soundx folder probably is for fsx. And that means you need to do some install steps to prepare the plane for fsx. (and that it's now set up for fs9.)

You may need to rename the sound folder(s). You may also have to install a different aircraft.cfg file. Possibly more.

If so that will all be explained in a readme.txt file that is in the download.

Also to make it easier for people to help, say what .zip file you downloaded (and from where) with the aircraft in it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived