FSX stocks and port overs that rock, 12 years on!

kalizzi

Guys with the tons of great freeware and payware models that make my hangars almost burst at the seams, I still find myself flying these models that shipped with FSX or ported over, more often than not. They are graceful to handle and a true pleasure to fly -and look at, too.

vega5c.jpg

I don't know if it is the aesthetics of this plane or the influence of the Wiley Post and Harold Gatty book "Around the World in Eight Days" that I read twice, that keeps me coming back to the Vega 5C. It could be that as a child I painted the Winnie Mae and hung the drawing on my cabinet's door?

vega5cVC.jpg

The VC of these models are fully working and instrument easy to read.

FordTriMotor.jpg

The corrugated skin of that aircraft adds to the beauty of the model. I have seen the same skin on other models of the day, especially the Junkers. I took her for a spin over the scenic SF Bay Area.

FordVC.jpg

The VC here is a tad more crude but not any less functional.

Dakota.jpg

And now the queen of the sky, the DC-3 Dakota. This is a great stock model that is so frame friendly without sacrificing anything. The handling of this ship is so pilot friendly and I would never tire of taking her cross-country.

DakotaVC.jpg

The DC-3 VC is awesome and is only rivalled by a killer 2D panel. It is so good that so many freeware prop models are defaulted there, just as jets default to Lear and 737.

Best wishes.

Khalid

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Khalid - Those pics are amazing! You have a nice collection there! Thanks for sharing!

Is your computer running good again?

Rick :cool:

Thank you Rick for the kind words. Yes it is running again after I rolled back the recently updated Nvidia display driver. However it took me a nightmarish 7 hours to pinpoint the fault.

Khalid

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A fine display of your collection of classic aircraft and their panels. :cool: :cool: :)

Thank you Larry, my point here is that these high quality models are freely included in the FSX package or ported over from FS2004, which again means you download for free from the file section.

Best wishes.

Khalid

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fine planes, fine pics!

I checked that you had some trouble with a NVidia pilot. I think that that happens more than could! :):) The sole solution is backing to a previous one which worked well

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

I must say, I'm very impressed with those aircraft and the narratives. Beautiful shots. Wish I had more time to check them all out.

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you Jan, Jim, Gérard and David for your kind words.

Jim your pictures are great too. The red Vega is Amelia Earhart's? and love the timing of Island Airways picture with the Trimotor overflying an island!

David these port-over FS2004 stock models (well the DC-3 is FSX stock) deserve making time for them to install and fly, trust me. They were made by Microsoft, so makes them like payware quality.

Gérard yes it seems that I am not the only one who suffers in the wake of an Nvidia (mise à jour). It took me 7 hours of nightmare work to figure out what was wrong, and I do computer troubleshooting for a living. I can't imagine life as normal with my FSX not working.

Best wishes to all.

Khalid

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

... It took me 7 hours of nightmare work to figure out what was wrong, and I do computer troubleshooting for a living

Sure that statement will alleviate the worries of tens of simmers here! :):):)

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Archived